• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

Jim...

Things are moving along at a pretty good clip now that I have good weather to work in.

The complete drive line is in except for the rear drive shaft. I have to torque the transfer case rear yoke and then I can install that.

Right now, I'm cleaning up the under hood wiring harness. I'm adding relays and circuit breakers, as well as a new fuse block to handle all the extra stuff I'm going to be running. I think I can move her over in front of the Man Cave tomorrow so I can stay in the shade.

I'll need to patch the floors and rear quarter panels, and then off to paint.

When we get our rigs running, there needs to be a Meet Greet. Any ideas as to where?

I found all of the pieces except for one battery cable and the inlet hose to the carb., not too bad for as far down as we tore both rigs.
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Retro93
      Junk Collector
      • Nov 02, 2001

Jim...

Things are moving along at a pretty good clip now that I have good weather to work in.

The complete drive line is in except for the rear drive shaft. I have to torque the transfer case rear yoke and then I can install that.

Right now, I'm cleaning up the under hood wiring harness. I'm adding relays and circuit breakers, as well as a new fuse block to handle all the extra stuff I'm going to be running. I think I can move her over in front of the Man Cave tomorrow so I can stay in the shade.

I'll need to patch the floors and rear quarter panels, and then off to paint.

When we get our rigs running, there needs to be a Meet Greet. Any ideas as to where?

I found all of the pieces except for one battery cable and the inlet hose to the carb., not too bad for as far down as we tore both rigs.
      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Mars
        350 Buick
        • Apr 24, 2010

I finally got mine back on the road.
        Can you believe after all the crap I went through it was a pickup coil.

I'm up for a meet and greet.
        Wannabe Fabricator
        Grumpy on a good day.
        1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
        What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Retro93
          Junk Collector
          • Nov 02, 2001

It runs.....now to get it moved over in front of the Man Cave so it will be easier to work on. I love it when a plan comes together.

She now moves under her own power. Now to fix the floors........
          Last edited by Retro93; 06-28-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• DBX11
            258 I6
            • May 18, 2009

Post some updated fotos of the beast if you can. I thought the one that met its maker was awesome and I saw it all tweeked!

Comment

• Retro93
              Junk Collector
              • Nov 02, 2001

She is up and running, with the only mechanical thing to do is the installation of a new muffler to quieten things down.

Right now, it's completely taped off in order for me to finish the paint job. You saw how bad that body was, so it's taking longer to complete the job than I anticipated.

All of the re-wiring is complete. She now has 2 separate wiring systems. The only things being run off of the original system are the head/tail lights and the heater blower motor. I always worried about that mickey mouse stock system, to the point I was always waiting for a fire to breakout.

Paint tomorrow!

I'll keep you posted as to when she is back on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X