• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farrelljt
    232 I6
    • Apr 28, 2012

Team Grand Wagoneer issue

I decided to start a new thread on this, because I wasn't sure if I should just add to the original thread started by "Billy Wagoneer" since this is a different issue.

I placed an order on 11/27/2012 (order still says pending on their website). Included in the order was: CROWN INNER T-GATE GLASS CHANNEL PAIR#5465084

On 12/04/2012 I emailed Amanda looking for an update because the status hadn't changed. I was told I would be receiving the order any day, but that it would be missing the inner channels, as they were out of stock, and should arrive shortly. I then asked that they be removed form the order, and I be refunded the $39.99. I did not receive a response to this.

On 12/14/2012 I got an email from Hilda saying that they were uncertain if they would be receiving any more of the inner channels. I was offered the option to pay an additional $90.05 for OEM replacements, or they could refund my money to me. Since I had already asked to receive a refund, I replied immediately that I would prefer the refund. No response.

On 12/27/2012 I again replied to Hilda's email indicating that I would like a refund, and was wondering when I might hear form someone there about the status of the refund. No response received yet.

I will be phoning them this week, and trying to sort through this. No, $40 isn't a lot of money, but it's the principle of the thing. Team Grand Wagoneer will be my absolute last resort for any future orders for my Cherokee.
  • cma
    350 Buick
    • Jan 26, 2012

Correct! We are living in 2013, Online buying is state of the art, but this is a no go!
    I am working as a purchasing manager and i hate no more than such nonprofessional work!

Originally posted by farrelljt
    No, $40 isn't a lot of money, but it's the principle of the thing. Team Grand Wagoneer will be my absolute last resort for any future orders for my Cherokee.
    Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• Crist Clapper
      I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
      • Apr 28, 2008

FYI from TGW:

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:08 PM
      To: 'Crist D. Clapper'
      Subject: RE: IFSJA negative banter about you-all! (Opportunity for improvement) :-)

Crist,

I apologize for this. Hilda is no longer with us and we have to check on the e-mails. The channels are not available at the moment but we do have the OEM ones in stock but they are a little more expensive. Do you know what customer that is? I can look it up. If you can find out the customer?s name I will refund right away. Please apologize for us! Thanks.

-Amanda
      1990 Grand Wagoneer:
      Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
      Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• farrelljt
        232 I6
        • Apr 28, 2012

I guess I will try Amanda again. Although, I have already sent her three emails and received no response to them. They were all in December, so I will try again.

Comment

• farrelljt
          232 I6
          • Apr 28, 2012

I wanted to update this post with a resolution. I emailed Amanda again on Friday the 4th, and she processed my refund for the $39.99.

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
            327 Rambler
            • Jan 05, 2006

I just wanted to chime in.... I received the wrong part from them several years ago and never could get them to respond. It was not an expensive part so I just let it go. But, I WILL NEVER order from them again. As the saying goes ....er, stuff happens, I understand that. There is no excuse for customer service to be that way. I have ordered many times from BJ's. They are not always fast. Items are not always in stock. Sometimes it takes them a while to get back with you. They have always made contact and treated me right! TGW (and all other vendors), I am the customer. I have the money. I don't expect a free cup of coffee and a pair of lips on my backside, just send me what I pay for.
            Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!

Comment

Working...
            X