• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommanderChaos
    258 I6
    • Sep 20, 2009

Problems with teamgrandwagoneer.com?

Hi,

I just ordered an 106 amp alternator and ignition coil from teamgrandwagoneer.com. The charge has gone through my credit card, I received the e-mail confirming my order but no shipping information. I e-mailed asking when it would ship and no response. I logged onto my shopping history and it says my order is back ordered but their website still shows the parts as available.

Has anyone every ordered from them before? Any issues?

Is it just my overly developed sense of honor, but shouldn't they wait until the part is available before they charge ones credit card? Most reputable businesses don't charge for backordered items.

Am I jumping the gun with them with my concern?
    1988 Grand Wagoneer, 360/727/229, 6" Rusty's Lift, 35x12.5.15 Goodyear wrangler MT/R w/ kevlar. 4.56 Gears, Yukon Chrome Moly Front Axle Shafts, Eaton E-Locker Front and Rear, ARB Differential Covers.
  • Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

There's been a handful of complaints about them the past 2 years. Did you try calling them? They tend to mix up FSJ and XJ stuff so be clear what you ordered and what for.
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• HD_JEEP
      350 Buick
      • Oct 28, 2008

Not a problem...

I have order some stuff from them before with any kind of problems. Sorry this is happening. I'll be sure to watch out ordering with them through the internet from now on and be sure and call in my orders.
      91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
      DeWooded
      6 inch Hellcreek lift.
      Rhino Grill
      BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
      Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
      Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
      ##########
      '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

• CommanderChaos
        258 I6
        • Sep 20, 2009

Well I called teamgrandwagoneers.com and they confirmed that it was on back order but should be arriving today and shipping tomorrow. I'm a little put out that didn't list it as on backorder on their site. I had hoped to work on the Grand Wagoneer this weekend. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks. It's my son's car and he will be with the ex next weekend.
        1988 Grand Wagoneer, 360/727/229, 6" Rusty's Lift, 35x12.5.15 Goodyear wrangler MT/R w/ kevlar. 4.56 Gears, Yukon Chrome Moly Front Axle Shafts, Eaton E-Locker Front and Rear, ARB Differential Covers.

Comment

• BamaDrew
          232 I6
          • Jul 11, 2009

I've bought a few different things from them with no issues. I agree though you should have had some way of knowing it was on backorder.

Comment

• HellCreek
            232 I6
            • Jun 11, 2007

Originally posted by CommanderChaos
            Hi,

Is it just my overly developed sense of honor, but shouldn't they wait until the part is available before they charge ones credit card? Most reputable businesses don't charge for backordered items.
            Yes, no one should charge your credit card until the day of shipment. We don't, and I know that BJ's doesn't either, neither should any reputable seller. About the only case where that would not be true is a deposit on an item.

-Tom

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by HellCreek
              Yes, no one should charge your credit card until the day of shipment. We don't, and I know that BJ's doesn't either, neither should any reputable seller. About the only case where that would not be true is a deposit on an item.

-Tom
              Good point Tom. This is that Saul guy right? Maybe I am thinking of another vendor but doesn't he use some customer moneys to round up used parts to recondition them and sell? I always thought that was a goofy way to do business. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I remember this guy.
              Flint
              Ran when parked.
              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Murphy
                350 Buick
                • Jul 15, 2007

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                Good point Tom. This is that Saul guy right? Maybe I am thinking of another vendor but doesn't he use some customer moneys to round up used parts to recondition them and sell? I always thought that was a goofy way to do business. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I remember this guy.
                I think the Saul you're thinking about is with grandwagoneers.com? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• cself
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 13, 2008

Originally posted by WaveHunter
                  I think the Saul you're thinking about is with grandwagoneers.com? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
                  You're correct. I have ordered several items from teamgrand in the past and have not had any issues. Saul is not at teamgrand but is with grandwagoneers.com in PA if I remember correctly.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

thanks - sorry for any confusion
                    I have not done business with teamgrandwagoneer.com and have nothing else to add...
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• snoopy
                      232 I6
                      • Nov 11, 2004

I have bought a windshield gasket off of their ebay store. Things went well.
                      www.patriotguard.org/ because it does matter.

Comment

• mjself
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 17, 2008

I am a big fan of BJ's Offroad. Great bunch of people there. They treat their customers like family and are willing to team up with you to help you out. Good quality parts too.
                        GMC (SEAL SW CC) USN Retired

Comment

• rmorit01
                          350 Buick
                          • Nov 13, 2004

I have ordered small items from www.teamgrandwagoneer.com in the past. I called and place the order and everything went well with quick shipping. Just a parts "girl" you speak to...not anyone who can answer questions about a part or how to install the part when I called.

To their credit they have a large volume of NOS parts from things like odd alternator brackets to transfer case chains for the 229.

I also like that they show a picture of nearly every part that they sell.

A good source and option for many of the small maintenance items that local parts stores don't have available or the odd part that BJs wouldn't carry.

Note, they are located in Wisconsin.

Bob
                          79 Cherokee S

Comment

• djongeward
                            304 AMC
                            • May 21, 2008

I try not to use them if I can avoid it. I have never gotten a complete order and have gotten stuff I haven't ordered, like for vehicles other than an FSJ. On the last go around, after sending back stuff and several phone calls I get an extra new starter sent to me. i decided to quit while I was ahead. They do have nice things you may not be able to find elsewhere.
                            89 Grandwagoneer, built 360, COMP cam set, port matched Edelbrock SP2P, 475 cfm Holley ORA, Thorleys, MSD6a, extra cooling and oiling.
                            76 Cherokee S Chief - rebuilt stock, Holley, Performer, MSD Dizzy.
                            89 GW parts waggy

Comment

Working...
                            X