X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

In your post on the other site I speculated that the blues went to the safety switch. I now think that's incorrect.

After looking at a relay and that close up picher I think the blues go to relay pins 30 which would be the motor leads. Either the two on a two wire motor or the up and down on a three wire.

Gonna have to study the pics more. To try and understand what's going on with your motor.

Also, where does the safety switch connect? Maybe the connector in the red wire? Looks like it feeds the switches. Unmate it and connect to the switch in series if you have it; leave the connector mated as is if you don't?
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

Is your original three wire or two?
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• turtlehead
        230 Tornado
        • May 07, 2016

Originally posted by SJTD
        In your post on the other site I speculated that the blues went to the safety switch. I now think that's incorrect.
        My understanding when installing this was the blue wires were what I needed to send out to the window motor to power it - and that it didn't matter which wire went to which terminal.

I think Serehill had this whole thing setup as he described that if "up" went down, you could just switch the two wires from one terminal to the other.

Originally posted by SJTD
        Also, where does the safety switch connect? Maybe the connector in the red wire? Looks like it feeds the switches. Unmate it and connect to the switch in series if you have it; leave the connector mated as is if you don't?
        this image shows the two red wires that I understand run to the safety switch - serehill in his directions says you don't have to use the safety switch and you can leave these two wires like this. (again, I could be misunderstanding)

My motor - both original and replacement are two wire motors.
        1972 Wagoneer
        some really weird previous owner mods
        it's an automatic now... boooooo
        it's got a 1967 buick 340 - blah

and other weird things I'm working on

Comment

• SJTD
          304 AMC
          • Apr 26, 2012

I should've thought of this before. Do you have a meter?

Hook it up to the two motor leads on the terminal strip and see what you get. Should be 12V in one direction and -12V in the other.

It's not unheard of to get a bad rebuilt motor.
          Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

You need to post a pic of the motor you're using, and verify it is the correct one. I question if an aftermarket rebuilt is actually correct?
            Many vendors/manufacturers incorrectly assume all years that parts are same.

As said earlier the new/late ones work differently. If not wired correctly they won't work, and you can damage the early one using the later style wiring setup.
            Tony
            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• SJTD
              304 AMC
              • Apr 26, 2012

Are the more than two versions; those being the two wire and the earlier three wire?
              Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• turtlehead
                230 Tornado
                • May 07, 2016

Originally posted by babywag
                You need to post a pic of the motor you're using, and verify it is the correct one. I question if an aftermarket rebuilt is actually correct?
                Many vendors/manufacturers incorrectly assume all years that parts are same.

As said earlier the new/late ones work differently. If not wired correctly they won't work, and you can damage the early one using the later style wiring setup.

1972 Wagoneer
                some really weird previous owner mods
                it's an automatic now... boooooo
                it's got a 1967 buick 340 - blah

and other weird things I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                X