View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 10:13 AM
258 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagWagon
Yeah I see it now lol. Does it make sense that the cylinder temp is colder than the coolant temp? Not to me.

It doesn't make sense to me either but I don't know what they use to get that number.

Quote:
I thought that was what it was reading as my running temperature . I’ll compare it to my analog gauge today to see if it’s on or close to the fitech sensor.
With the fitech sensor mine would only get to 170 when idling in traffic otherwise it dropped to 165-168 which put it into warm up mode. I'm wondering if yours might be dropping below 170 when you are driving. Right now I have the hand held controller on "Large gauges" with just the coolant temp selected and have been watching what the temp is doing, which largely is not a whole lot, it goes up to around 200 and just stays there.

Quote:
All I noticed different between yours and mine was your afr was 1 point set lower and your pump pwm was 2 points higher. I don’t look at it too long. I do t know what it means. Your un a 6cyl right?

Mine is a 360 with a 2 barrel, HEI ignition and TH400, 373 differential gearing. Pretty much everything on my truck is completely stock except the FI and ignition, and maybe the diff gearing, which all the literature says should be 409. I figure we should have close to the same setting but I have no idea what I should change if anything.

Quote:
That guy won’t reply to my post for some reason...

He's usually pretty quick to respond but sometimes it takes a little time, I've waited over a week to get answers.

Quote:
It takes ten seconds or so to prime. They have setting for both cold start and hot start that you can adjust if your having starting issues. Just need to change them one way or the other slightly in the direction that the crank time improves.

Mine cranks longer than it did with the carb too. I have been slowly working on that to see if anything makes any difference. So far anything I have tried has only made it take longer. I'm considering turning off the prime shot entirely then start adding for each temperature and situation. If I ever get an improvement I'll let everybody know.