X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Will Morris
    350 Buick
    • Nov 24, 2002

Just as a heads up, saw in the Ouray thread that you're moving out to Utah. If you go full widths you'll have to use some kind of flares since you have to pass emissions AND safety inspection out here and most of the cops are not quite as friendly as the good ole boys back home. I know I have a Dana 60 rear with 4.10s in the barn back home though if you want it though. Also, prepare for rust. They love using salt out here and it gets everywhere, so if you like your Jeep being clean, wash it a lot during the winter.

I'm currently FSJless at the moment, but that'll be changing soon. Hopefully by next week. It'll be good to have another southern FSJer out here in the weirdest state in the union.

Take it easy,
    Will
    '78 Cherokee NT in GA
    '79 J10 Golden Eagle in UT

Comment

• youngjeeper
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jan 24, 2003

Will, good to hear from you. Sent you a PM.
      88' GW Stock & Mint
      77' CJ-7
      http://gfsj.org/forums
      Choptop/Crew Cab Build-up
      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=93389

Comment

• blt2krl
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Apr 03, 2001

Originally posted by Will Morris
        Just as a heads up, saw in the Ouray thread that you're moving out to Utah. If you go full widths you'll have to use some kind of flares since you have to pass emissions AND safety inspection out here and most of the cops are not quite as friendly as the good ole boys back home. I know I have a Dana 60 rear with 4.10s in the barn back home though if you want it though. Also, prepare for rust. They love using salt out here and it gets everywhere, so if you like your Jeep being clean, wash it a lot during the winter.

I'm currently FSJless at the moment, but that'll be changing soon. Hopefully by next week. It'll be good to have another southern FSJer out here in the weirdest state in the union.

Take it easy,
        Will
        Are you kidding me, you have been in Utah and you haven't gotten ahold of me.
        Paul Hartman
        79 waggoneer
        AMC360/TH-400/203/205
        DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
        39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
        www.cbioffroadfab.com
        WWW.PLANET4X4.NET

Comment

• Stuka
          • Jan 21, 2001

They use salt in Utah?! WTF, I thought only the idiot eastern states used it?! We just use sand here.

Comment

• Will Morris
            350 Buick
            • Nov 24, 2002

Stuka, never underestimate the idiocy of the state of Utah, but then we are surrounded by the largest inland body of salt water on the continent and home to the salt flats, salt mines, etc. But yeah, it still sucks even though they mix it with sand. Atleast it's dry so they don't rot out with the blazing speed that they did back in Maine.

Paul, PMed ya.

Dan, PMed ya back. Sorry to hijack your thread buddy.
            '78 Cherokee NT in GA
            '79 J10 Golden Eagle in UT

Comment

Working...
            X