View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:04 AM
AMC 4 OH! 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
The dizzy was locked and the phase was set at 32deg btdc, the width of the rotor tip and cap posts allowed for +/-12deg which = +/-24 crank deg, this covered the range of my timing map. The MS2 decides the advance bases on the table above and knows engine position from the crank trigger.

Guess that MS does things way diffrent than the stock GM systems I am used to. On mine, what the table says it what I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
It's been crank triggered since day one, see the first page of this tread for details. Yes it will be a coil per plug setup firing in wasted spark mode, there are 4 spark outputs from the MS2 each goes to a pair of coils that are fired each revolution of the crank. Cylinders 1/6 are spark A, cyl 8/5 are spark B, cyl 4/7 are spark C and cyl 3/2 are spark D.

Just waiting on the coils to arrive, I've got most everything else done.

Mike

My bad. I hadnt read the first page since you originally posted it, and I just saw new posts and jumped right to the last page without re reading the rest of the post.

So if doing a wasted spark, why chose the 8 individual coils over a coil pack? For example, the coil pack off of something like a caddy northstar V8. Seems there would be a lot less wiring to do and would be easyer to mount and hook up.