If you wheel in your jeep, this video is worth a look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

If you wheel in your jeep, this video is worth a look.

I posted some pics in another thread but I got the video uploaded. All I can say is it is pretty impressive how he got through this tight spot. Near the end when I say 'He called that' it is after his bumper hits. What can I say, he called it. Amazing that he could look at it at and 'know' his bumper would hit. It's the driver who you can hear say 'That was awesome' at the end.

Click on this:
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

• FSJ Guy
    • Mar 20, 2005

I have never been more afraid for fender flares.

Nice job!
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• Stuka
      • Jan 21, 2001

Was gritting my teeth through that whole video. And that is the reason I don't wheel my J10 anymore. While I love my JK, they are a dime a dozen. No real loss if something bad happened (outside of my pocket book anyway). But my J10 is just to rare to smash up on the trails. I LOVE driving it, and using it as a truck. But all we have here are rocks. And its too big for most trails here.

GREAT spotting there!

Comment

• will e
        Always Broke
        • Nov 16, 2001

There was no spotting... only self spotting where he picked the line and drove it. (and a little info from us watching). Not like when I went through and it took forever (it seemed) and we checked every inch. (Plus one backup when I did it).

That's what is so amazing.
        82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Stuka
          • Jan 21, 2001

Originally posted by will e
          There was no spotting... only self spotting where he picked the line and drove it. (and a little info from us watching). Not like when I went through and it took forever (it seemed) and we checked every inch. (Plus one backup when I did it).

That's what is so amazing.
          Well then congrats to you and the other driver, you guys rock.

Comment

• ChiefBigB
            232 I6
            • Feb 21, 2012

Comment

• Dumpy
              304 AMC
              • Jan 30, 2009

That's awesome! I haven't wheeled in forever. Starting to get the itch.
              Justin
              '72 J2000 360 4bbl T18 D20
              "It's all about the fun-per-gallon vs the miles-per-gallon"--Gamber68

Sponsored by Jake's Full-Size Jeep Junkyard

Comment

• guitarsail
                232 I6
                • Mar 09, 2011

Awesome video. I want to know more about his roof rack?

Looks like he used the factor mounting locations, but how can that be strong enough?? I like that much more than doing gutter mounts. Anyone have a though?

Comment

• Tad
                  • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by guitarsail
                  ...I want to know more about his roof rack?
                  I built that as a special order for a Phoenix member way back.
                  Kevin wound up with it, made some changes. It should have the interior braces that tie the feet to the side above the windows.
                  It actually looks better now than when I built it.
                  2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                  EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                  Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• 78 Arizona Chief
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jan 06, 2004

Thanks for posting that video. So that is what it looked like from behind.

Yup Tad built that rack for a former neighbor of mine. It does have the interior tie-in plates. I added a welded nut tire carrier to it to carry my 2nd spare on long trips. Then had it powdercoated. It is easily strong enough to take my full weight on top. The true genius of that rack is that it no taller off the roof than the stock rack. Keeps me fitting in my garage with exactly 1-inch to spare.
                    Kevin
                    \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• guitarsail
                      232 I6
                      • Mar 09, 2011

I don't want to derail this thread...but what interior tie in plates? I'm totally intrigued...

Comment

• Eugene 1
                        304 AMC
                        • Feb 04, 2006

wow that thing is sweet! I too was on the edge of my seat watching those flares go close to the rocks ! Nice rig I like the rack also
                        JEEP
                        2005 Ram 1500 HemI

Comment

• will e
                          Always Broke
                          • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by guitarsail
                          I don't want to derail this thread...but what interior tie in plates? I'm totally intrigued...
                          If you look in this picture:

You can see some plates that go from the roof to the inside rail. These are in the stock rack locations (don't need to be). They transfer the weight from the rack to the inside side rails. It proved to be a pretty darn effective system. When I had a TAD rack I tossed an unbelievable amount of weight on top of mine and it held it no issues.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                            Señor Jackhead
                            • Aug 21, 2002

VIDEO ROCKS!

The braces really tie it together like the Dude's rug man. I have been carrying my spare, HiLift, 3,000# come along and what ever else will fit on a Tad Rack. And I can stand on top of it all and rock the Wag. It is righteous man.
                            Flint
                            Ran when parked.
                            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• npd811
                              232 I6
                              • Jul 24, 2010

And that video is proof the Narrow Track version of the Cherokee was never really needed.
                              1963 J200
                              1982 J20

Comment

Working...
                              X