X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Marneaus
    360 AMC
    • Jun 16, 2010

I tried doing the 4 pin, and couldnt get the truck to idle right, like Walt. Tried everything here, still wouldnt work. Just coughed up the 28 bucks for the duraspark and it was perfect, haha.
    Originally posted by FSJunkie
    Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
    The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
    1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• Mattywagon
      232 I6
      • Dec 01, 2009

I just did this same swap last weekend. I bought the gm connectors for the 8 pin module from d and m auto and grafted those to the duraspark weatherpack connectors. I don't have the part number right now but it was listed as an ignition module connector for an 87 to 95 chev pick up. Napa sells it too. Just follow Walt's instructions and its pretty straight forward. I bought two eighth inch x 1 and 3/4 aluminium pieces and screwed the whole thing together so its a quarter inch thick for the heat sink. That's my main concern is that it's big enough. But they used to be housed in distributors so hopefully it is. I mounted the module at an angle so it fit under the old box... Hardest part was getting the goopy stuff out of the old box. I did need to heat it, it helped big time. It sounds like fingernails down a chalkboard when you scrape at it. Mine fired right up. No real noticeable difference though. I am going tbi so it was for that eventuality. Otherwise I'd have stuck with the duraspark. I too reversed the distributor wires. It's all here in Walt's write up. Clay I can give you the part numbers and colors to the gm harness but they're pretty obvious. Just look at the gm module and compare. Plus your jeep might have different colors I dunno. Pretty easy though. Assemble everything before install if possible.
      88 GW, 360, TFI'd, GM 8pin module, Hydroboost larger Chevy calipers, Electric fan, CS144 alt, S-10 steering box, headlight relays and bulb upgrade, 727, Dana 44s, soon to be DIY TBI'ed

Comment

• rreed
        350 Buick
        • Aug 21, 2006

Weird, I wired my 4-pin HEI/e-coil setup just as JYG/John Strenk noted in their write-ups and mine's been fantastic for 5+ years. No issues getting it going, worked fine at first bump of the starter. Got even better when I swapped out the el-cheap-o store brand HEI module for AC Dleco/GM. As people say, YMMV.
        47 Willys
        75 CJ-5
        81 Scrambler
        76/79/80/81/85 J20 (all the same truck)
        86 Grand Wagoneer - FOR SALE!!!
        96 ZJ

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Comment

Working...
        X