View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
350 Buick

Hey that is a great point. I should have noted that I used all new components. And I always use new components with everything that I do (Just personal choice and preference.) I would never weld or try to get anyone else to weld a tank that had been used or had fuel in it previously. (Very dangerous)

I honestly couldnt tell you if the tank is safe for diesel. I never asked although I think the diesel engine version of the rig that I got the tank from uses a different tank. (Let me double check on that and get back to you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger4X
I'm hoping you are talking about welding on a new tank and not used! A guy at a local muffler shop was welding a fuel tank and it blew up and he lost 2 fingers, loss of hearing, and is permanently disabled. This is one of many stories I have heard so please do NOT weld on a used fuel container of any sort; unless you are certified to perform this type of welding and have the necessary equipment.

In re-reading your post I may have misinterpretted what you posted but wanted to be sure so somebody else doesnt misread it as well and try welding onto the tank itself. IMHO I would attach the 2" to 1" reducer at or near the filler neck itself rather than on the tank.

One question about the tank itself ... is it diesel compatible?

Upgrades

1. Electric Radiator Fan 10/15/11
2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

(Wip)
1. TBI
2. New fuel tank
3. AW-4 Transmission
4. Aluminum condensor
5. Custom Gauge Panel

Last edited by Wagoneerlover : 07-29-2010 at 12:44 PM.