X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myk
    232 I6
    • Jan 30, 2011

Got one of those rare nice days up here in NW today, had to take her out for a cruise, running sweet with the new coil setup. I really should be working on the roll cage instead of out cruizin around

Mike

Comment

• muttnïk
      230 Tornado
      • Sep 13, 2006

Originally posted by myk
      Got one of those rare nice days up here in NW today, had to take her out for a cruise, running sweet with the new coil setup. I really should be working on the roll cage instead of out cruizin around

Mike
      Roll cage?.. but topless your center of gravity looks so low!

I am just getting started on a similar project on my `79 J10. I am installing MegaSquirt2 Multi-Port with EDIS. I had not considered Coil on Plug, but now that I have seen your rig I may not be able to stop it from happening. That looks impressive.

I also like the way your reluctor wheel installation turned out in the photos. I have been considering the same installation, behind the balancer. I had hoped to keep the hall sensor as far away from any shredded v-belt debris as possible.

On the other hand, I have been concerned about modifying the balancing characteristics of the balancer. Reading about your troubles with wheel/timing cover interference now makes me more inclined to move the reluctor wheel to the forward side of the balancer.
      '79 J10 - 401 - EFI - New Build Thread

Comment

• Scout800
        230 Tornado
        • Apr 13, 2011

Great job on the install. I have an MS I that was on my scout 800 for a few years that I migrated to the Buick 350 in my 69' Gladiator last year. Guess I need to step it up and add the ignition side after seeing your setup.

Comment

• ThunderWagon
          230 Tornado
          • Apr 27, 2006

Thanks!

Just wanted to say a thank you for posting this up!

I've finally started back into assembling my MS2 and reading your post here & on the MS forum have me helped a great deal.

Since my setup is (vaguely) similar to yours, I noticed a couple of issues that would come up for me eventually. (Low impedance inj, constant baro correction {I live at ~5000ft and enjoy driving both up & down hill. })

Did you end up running a cam sensor or not? From reading through the entire thread it doesn't seem like it but I was just curious.

I would feel bad about bumping such an old thread but since it's awesome & stickied, I'm okay.
          Will
          -'78 Cherokee Chief S (360, TH400, Quadra-Trac, 31x10.5's, de-smogged, dual exhaust, otherwise stock)

Back down to one jeep again!! {And a lot of spare parts.... shhhhh.}

"Told you I could do it..."

Comment

• myk
            232 I6
            • Jan 30, 2011

Originally posted by ThunderWagon
            Just wanted to say a thank you for posting this up!

I've finally started back into assembling my MS2 and reading your post here & on the MS forum have me helped a great deal.

Since my setup is (vaguely) similar to yours, I noticed a couple of issues that would come up for me eventually. (Low impedance inj, constant baro correction {I live at ~5000ft and enjoy driving both up & down hill. })

Did you end up running a cam sensor or not? From reading through the entire thread it doesn't seem like it but I was just curious.

I would feel bad about bumping such an old thread but since it's awesome & stickied, I'm okay.
            I haven't been on the site in quite a while, sorry about the late repsonse. I am not running a cam sensor, it's wasted spark cop with a 48-1 crank sensor.

Mike

Comment

• reece146
              232 I6
              • Feb 23, 2007

Originally posted by myk
              I haven't been on the site in quite a while, sorry about the late repsonse.
              Are you documenting your set up on another forum? Link?

I'd love to see a dyno of this set up - not so much about the peak numbers, more about the shape of the curve.

Comment

Working...
              X