X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • backroadin'
    350 Buick
    • Aug 11, 2004

Besides.... anyone who doesn't know that what you're driving is an actual Jeep doesn't deserve a wave anyhow!!!!

I love your #1.... my wife would agree with your buddies 100%!!
    1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• JTruck-Connor
      232 I6
      • Jan 29, 2017

My thoughts while reading all these:

1. Why do we like these things?

2. When did I start saying we on the forums?

3. Oh no, they got me---

4. Actually, I am kinda proud of my pile. More than I should be.

5. FSJs are awesome.
      1976 J20 "Plain Jane" - Original 401, TH400, BW1339
      Build thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=182038

Jeep looking for new home:
      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=187181

My Honda was my motivation to finish my Jeep Now it's just reality.

Comment

• backroadin'
        350 Buick
        • Aug 11, 2004

Originally posted by JTruck-Connor
        My thoughts while reading all these:

1. Why do we like these things?

2. When did I start saying we on the forums?

3. Oh no, they got me---

4. Actually, I am kinda proud of my pile. More than I should be.

5. FSJs are awesome.
        That's the spirit! Let the healing begin.... or is it the sickness.... can't tell for sure...... on the inside looking out.....
        1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• Tanker
          350 Buick
          • Jan 04, 2005

When your wife whips around a 2500 Burb in the middle of town to fallow a J truck.
          Owner of Jakes FSJ Junkyard 91 Jeep Cherokee /2006 3500 Dodge AKA Babe the big blue puller
          Hire the handicapped, they are fun watch!

Comment

• grand_wag_85
            Murphy's Law Poster Child
            • Dec 03, 2003

If you're 258 valve cover STILL leaks no matter how many times you've upgraded it or changed the gasket.

You walk into the auto part store with a list of part numbers as your demands.

Your head snaps around every time you see an early 2000's Tacoma front end because subconsciously for a split second you think it's a J truck.

You have watched movies JUST because they have FSJ content.

You have a rough count in your mind of how many rigs your rig is made up from.
            You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
            '88 GW
            '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• rang-a-stang
              Administrator
              • Oct 31, 2016

-If you follow more build threads than tech threads on this site becuase you enjoy living vicariously through people like bkilby's 5.7Hemi Chero,
              Kaiserjeeps' Sadie, 63J200atLSU's Gladiator, Full Size Jeeper's Wago, Frank Ziebert's truck, ZackN920's Wago build, etc....
              -If you have ever spent HOURS doing research for a project on your rig then someone with actual experience at what you're planning on doing, posts something that completely destroys any hopes of how "easy" it was going to be...(then you do it anyway)
              -If you ever gave up on a budget less than halfway through your project because you so vastly underestimated the cost/time/tools/space needed for your project that each time you open the budget it hurts a little more (but its still worth every damn penny, drop of blood, sweat, and tears)...
              -If your project is not even close (by any definition of the word close) to being done, but you are still having trouble not buying another one...
              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
              (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
              79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
              (Cherokee Build Thread)
              11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
              09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Gladiator4x4
                232 I6
                • Apr 20, 2018

Wow, these are so dead on its unbelievable. I got one

Had a good samaritan at walmart offer to help my wife get a car loan because her waggy is very rusty. My wife turns to her and says" didnt you hear it when i parked? It has a 401 i bought this on purpose"

Comment

Your Cherokee puts the CJ's to shame on the trail, and you do it in style without the flapping soft top, and are warm and comfy...

I have referred to mine as a 6000 lb dune buggy in the dunes, and as the original yuppie grocery getter
                  Art
                  ASE Master Collision Tech
                  "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• mwood65
                    258 I6
                    • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                    I love Jeff Foxworthy's "..you might be a redneck" jokes. I'm not so much redneck as I am a car guy. Here are some indicators of FSJ guys that i have noticed. Please reply with indicators that you have noticed will also show a true FSJ guys

-If you have trouble finding a T-Shirt in your clean clothes that doesn't have permanent car fluid stains on it...
                    -If you can name the fluid(s) that made the stains on most of your shirts and you know when you got it there but you have trouble noticing when your wife has a new shirt on...
                    -If you know the cost you paid for every part you have put on your Jeep but you dare not add it all up...
                    -If you have a 2 or more car garage that has enough parts in it to build a FSJ, yet your FSJ lingers in the weather night after night...
                    -If you know the status of every FSJ and FSJ part on Craigslist in your area, at any given time...
                    EVERY one of those is true for me....

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

-If when you see another FSJ driving around but you're in another car makes you feel like watching your girlfriend kiss someone else...
                      -If you are genuinely shocked that less than half the bolts you removed in a given project were not rusted/seized, broken, or missing...
                      -If it doesn't matter if you are in a hurry or late, you will always stop and go back to check out a FSJ that you saw parked as you drove by...
                      -If you have a large part for sale and the ONLY people that would consider buying it are far enough away that shipping is so expensive, it is not worth selling...
                      -If you finally decided to throw out that large part for sale (because no one wants to pay for shipping and you don't want to store it), then you hear from 3 people local that would come to pick it up...
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker
                        When your wife whips around a 2500 Burb in the middle of town to fallow a J truck.
                        Yeah, but she wants it for your collection......now that's the kind of lady that's a keeper
                        Art
                        ASE Master Collision Tech
                        "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• Tanker
                          350 Buick
                          • Jan 04, 2005

How true goldhammer she is a keeper. Leaf spring chandelier,CJ5 mirror vanity connecting rod towel holder an tp holder. "Hey man you built your wife a neat truck"
                          Naw She built it She will be building a J10 soon. Plus getting a I6 block built for the truck. Got her talk into doing air ride on her J20 for the rear. Ex fire truck with utility bed needs no lift just a little smoother ride. It already has a built 360 in it. Just got her a new gun for her birthday. And she puts up with my crippled butt.
                          Owner of Jakes FSJ Junkyard 91 Jeep Cherokee /2006 3500 Dodge AKA Babe the big blue puller
                          Hire the handicapped, they are fun watch!

Comment

• Phils67
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 24, 2018

You might be a FSJ guy if you stop at the gas station to check the fuel and fill the oil...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 31, 2016

-If you use more kitty litter to soak up fluid puddles in your garage during the week than your cat(s) use for #1 and #2 in a week...
                              -If you have ever thought that you absolutely hate your rig and hope it catches on fire and thought you have THE COOLEST rig in your town during the same exact drive...
                              -if you have ever almost gotten into a wreck, snapping your kneck around to see another $1000 FSJ driving down the road, even though that other rig is a total turd...
                              -If you have ever paid $300 for a part, then found it 2 days later for $20...
                              -If the word "Qaudratrac" both excites you and stirs up feelings of terror when you hear it...
                              -If you say this sentence more than once a month "Yeah, those are factory flares."...
                              -If you chuckle a little inside everytime someone says "AMC V8 Big block" or "AMC V8 Small block"...
                              Last edited by rang-a-stang; 11-12-2020, 10:32 AM.
                              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                              (Cherokee Build Thread)
                              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• backroadin'
                                350 Buick
                                • Aug 11, 2004

If you've had to explain for the umpteenth time that "Nope, it's actually an AMC 360 - not a Dodge...."
                                Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                                -If you have ever thought that you absolutely hate your rig and hope it catches on fire and thought you have THE COOLEST rig in your town during the same exact drive...
                                HAHAHAHA!!! Almost every drive! >>>>>>repeat...

Comment

Working...
                                X