X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuck
    350 Buick
    • Apr 29, 2001

it makes me wonder how many people that advise against grinding calipers have ever even seen a Dana 60, or a Dana 60 caliper.

anyway, Paul, how close are you?... I haven't touched my Jeep in weeks...
    1972 Wagoneer 360/th400/dana20/10b/14b/35\'s... welded diffs, full hydro and so on..

Comment

• blt2krl
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Apr 03, 2001

Tuck, I'm starting with the 14 bolt this week. I got to move the perches and get it under the rig then convert it to discs. I'm hoping to have the axles underneath in the next month or two. I will probably be this winter before the gears and lockers. The darn money tree seems to be a little low this year.
      Paul Hartman
      79 waggoneer
      AMC360/TH-400/203/205
      DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
      39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
      www.cbioffroadfab.com
      WWW.PLANET4X4.NET

Comment

• dnixon
        360 AMC
        • Jul 28, 2002

just a little food for thought guys on the grinding idea... I know lots of people do it but here is a post from pirate that has someone who has experince brake failure from cracking the caliper... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...D60+15+caliper
        (he is almost at the bottom of the page)

I am not saying that no one should do this but if you do, its probably best to keep it off the street.. I know your rig doesn't hit the streets paul just for everyone else reading...
        All It Takes Is Money.
        I'm the reason why you can only have Jeeps for Avatars. You're welcome.

Comment

• Stuka
          • Jan 21, 2001

SLO: thast what I mean. Sure ofroad do what you want, you are always just crawling along, if you break one, it wont cause you to kill people in another vehicle. But try going 60mph with 38's then slamming the brakes in a panic stop, the forces put on the caliper are huge. And like that guy on pirate, thats when they broke. So for people who do drive on the street, I would think twice before doing it. For a trail only rig, do what ever. (although I personally still wouldent, but thats just me)

Comment

• blt2krl
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Apr 03, 2001

He also ran a rim with 4" of back spacing = more grinding
            Paul Hartman
            79 waggoneer
            AMC360/TH-400/203/205
            DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
            39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
            www.cbioffroadfab.com
            WWW.PLANET4X4.NET

Comment

• scotty
              • Jun 12, 2000

SLOwag,i contacted them the old fashioned way-via telephone. 800 284 9426 ask if they have your size(15x10 in my case) color choice(white powder in my case) "rock crawler xtreme steel wheel" in 8 lugs

the add in the june 4 wheeler mag that i happen to have sitting here on page 88 has 15x10 white powder for $41.99,black powder for $54.99,or chrome for $59.99

when i called awhile back i was asked if i wanted standard offset(3.75" b/s maybe?) or a 2.5" backspacing. i got the former

if there is a location that is close enuff for you to pick up,you can arrange to have the wheels sent there at no cost,otherwise they will prolly charge you shipping to your house. i had mine sent to colombus and a frined pick them up,total bill about $90 with tax [img]smile.gif[/img]
              scotty
              85 grand wagoneer
              258/t18/d20/10 bolt/14 bolt
              38" TSL SXs
              chopped,bobbed and caged

http://nightcrawlers4wd.20megsfree.com/index.html\

http://mytrailrigs4x4.20megsfree.com/photo.html\

Comment

• dnixon
                360 AMC
                • Jul 28, 2002

thanks scotty! i am thinking about www.natltire.com they seem to have some good deals
                All It Takes Is Money.
                I'm the reason why you can only have Jeeps for Avatars. You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X