• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gas4blood
    327 Rambler
    • Sep 29, 2009

Let the hate mail begin................

You might as well hear it from me first. The wife and I have put the Wagoneer back on the market, again. I know, I know, I swore I would never do this. We made this decision together for several reasons. Its been great having the Jeep again and I was able to clean it up and make it better than ever. I have enjoyed being part of the community again and will most likely be back in the FSJ world if we ever move back to Idaho. You all are a great group of folks and have been a huge help along the way, both times.

I have come to the realization that I am in love with the thrill of searching for new projects. We may buy something else this summer but for now, the money from selling the Jeep is going in our savings account.
    Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........
  • capdaddy222
    258 I6
    • Aug 16, 2008

Been there, Done that with a CJ7 that I dragged to VA from AZ.

I love the waggy, but I wish i had that CJ back.

Im sorry to hear you are getting out of the FSJ game. If you are going to be taking it for one last ride in Central VA, PM me and maybe we can meet up.

capdaddy
    86 Grand Wagoneer Work in Progress
    360 Toasted TF727 NP228
    4" Lift
    33x12.5x15" tires
    "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• jpcoutts
      304 AMC
      • Jun 28, 2002

Just because you don't have an FSJ is no reason to become a stranger here! You'll be back, the FSJ bug doesn't simply go away...
      Jim C
      '67 J3000 Dually
      '86 J20
      '79 CJ5(in pieces)
      '86 CJ7 Doesn't need anything(so why do I have it?)
      Correction- it just needed a water pump!

Comment

• bwwhaler
        258 I6
        • Apr 17, 2012

Sorry to hear, but, I know what you are feeling, I have put up my boat for sale so that I have money to pay bills and buy some more fsj parts... I have been interested in your story because of the history of your truck and the way you got it back, it is a very nice truck and I'm sure someone will be getting a nice ride. There are great people here and I'm sure that when you get another fsj we will still be here. Good Luck.
        87 GW 360 performer intake Holley 670 HEI
        Razor Grill 4"BJ's springs 32's CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Comment

I'm only selling the Honcho because I am unable to work (on it or much otherwise) well enough to hold a job and bills have to be paid. I already cashed my 401K to play catchup
          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• draglink
            350 Buick
            • Aug 17, 2008

WOW Scotty!! I really hate to read this, but I understand. I am a project guy also....right now my time is going to a father/son project. We are re-doing a '73 Wellcraft V20 center console for my 12 yr old son. I have a 115 Merc ready to go on it, but boat still need some work. (I have the same exact boat only a '79 with a 200 Merc)

Anyway, hate to see you sell, hope somebody who appreciates it, gets it!

I am kinda at a crossroads with my GW, but I think Im going to do a 'mini-project' and go with a more lifted/stock look. I know if I sell it I will regret it so, no.

Keep me posted on what happens!

What kinda of project are yall looking for?
            '86 GW 6" Rustys, 1 1/2" BJs shackles, 33 BFGs

Comment

• Chumley360
              350 Buick
              • Sep 06, 2007

I knew I'd seen that Wag somewhere before. I saw the ad up on CL today. Sorry to see you sell it, but good luck on whatever comes next.
              1968 M715-Driveway queen/in progress

Comment

• ballen0352
                232 I6
                • Apr 27, 2010

Wheres the ad Im in the market
                Last edited by ballen0352; 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• draglink
                  350 Buick
                  • Aug 17, 2008

Originally posted by ballen0352
                  Wheres the add Im in the market
                  Its one of the coolest, cleanest Wagoneers I've seen. Scotty is a really nice, and stand up guy also

Comment

• ballen0352
                    232 I6
                    • Apr 27, 2010

That is a super nice looking rig

Comment

• ScottsMojo
                      258 I6
                      • Jun 28, 2011

Scotty,
                      That is one wonderful looking Wagoneer. And if I can say so, a very well written CL ad! I hope you make a clean sale and are able to delve back into all things FSJ soon...

Comment

• gas4blood
                        327 Rambler
                        • Sep 29, 2009

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys. I really appreciate it.

I had two different families come and take the Wagoneer for a test drive last night. Both were Jeep fanatics and both really loved it. If all goes as planned, the first looker will be meeting me at my bank tomorrow to deposit a certified check. If he falls through, the next guy said he will be waiting with cash in hand. That wasnt even 24 hours! It looks like she will be going to a good home either way.

It has been a good journey and I am sure I will get bitten by the off road bug again, but for now I am just going to hold on to the cash until something that I just cant live without comes up. We have talked about everything from a 68-72 Nova to another classic truck(my real passion). We have also talked about just leaving the money in our savings account as a cushion if something were to come up. Who knows! With as much as I change my mind, it could be anything.

Again, thanks for all of the positive comments. I really enjoy being a part of the FSJ community and will be sticking around to watch the progress on all of your vehicles. Draglink, I am pumped to see how your "mini-build" on the GW turns out.

Comment

• Headhoncho
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by ScottsMojo
                          Scotty,
                          That is one wonderful looking Wagoneer. And if I can say so, a very well written CL ad! I hope you make a clean sale and are able to delve back into all things FSJ soon...
                          X2 on the well written ad. It mirrors the effort you've put into the Wag.

JR
                          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                          1966 mustang fastback
                          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• gas4blood
                            327 Rambler
                            • Sep 29, 2009

Well she is gone. The new owner showed up with cash in hand and after about 30 minutes of going over all of his questions, he drove the Waggy off to her new life. They were a Jeep family so it definetly went to a good home.

Comment

• draglink
                              350 Buick
                              • Aug 17, 2008

Wow, that didnt take long Hope I see it around, where are they from?

Hey didnt you buy an old Ford truck when you sold her last time? I think I remember.... perfect patina....62-65 short bed, maybe step side....and I think Torque Thurst wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X