• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Probesport
    232 I6
    • Apr 15, 2015

Originally posted by jeepsr4ever
    Would it change your life if you knew these were made in Spain?
    Yes, quite a bit I know more about labor regulation in Spain than I do in China so for me personally, I would now give your value a bit of a boost - I still think its over inflated for current market, but now worth easily double with that info.

Thank you for providing.
    Ken S.
    Jeep toy: 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    Megasquirt EFI
    : Heated Seats : Blower fix : Driving light brackets : Shorty headers : Coil Packs : Electric Fans
    Prior Jeeps: 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Other toys: 1930 Model A (Hotrod), 1997 Ford Probe Turbo, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 2005 VW Touareg

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Dec 28, 2002

I don't need a boost I just need to get our parts out of this penny ante' market where people are constantly comparing quality parts with garbage. It isn't worth $30 we make on the distributor to argue about it online. Look at the parts in a Chinese distributor and you would quickly see the bushings are made out of a different material, the plastic is different, the measurements but they look similar. Skip white should be kissing my rear and anyone selling the Chinese distributor because the guys who originally had that clone made needed help and I helped them with measurements. Eventually they quit listening and the market flooded about 5 years ago. /crabby
      AMC/Jeep Forum
      Custom machined AMC/4X4/Race Parts...www.Bulltear.com
      ///
      "We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"

Comment

• Probesport
        232 I6
        • Apr 15, 2015

Originally posted by jeepsr4ever
        I don't need a boost I just need to get our parts out of this penny ante' market where people are constantly comparing quality parts with garbage. It isn't worth $30 we make on the distributor to argue about it online. Look at the parts in a Chinese distributor and you would quickly see the bushings are made out of a different material, the plastic is different, the measurements but they look similar. Skip white should be kissing my rear and anyone selling the Chinese distributor because the guys who originally had that clone made needed help and I helped them with measurements. Eventually they quit listening and the market flooded about 5 years ago. /crabby
        We've all seen it, all of us who made niche parts. I can list off the same complaints for everything we made that was cloned. Resting on laurels will not help, complaining about the competition doesn't improve marketability.

Educate your consumers more, let knowledge and experience speak for itself instead of alienating an entire culture and those who may be customers that cannot afford a top tier brand.

This isn't the Rolls Royce board where people come to debate the merits of where their hidden in door umbrella was hand carved.

And since you don't need the boost, I retract all value based on the attitude and comprehension of the salesman.
        Ken S.
        Megasquirt EFI
        : Heated Seats : Blower fix : Driving light brackets : Shorty headers : Coil Packs : Electric Fans
        Other toys: 1930 Model A (Hotrod), 1997 Ford Probe Turbo, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 2005 VW Touareg

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

i aint' attacking bulltear by any means. just saying all these aftermarket hei's look the same,and as far as i know,none of them are made elsewhere than china/taiwan. as i said above mallory is china now.

if someone is wanting 3 times the amount,it would be smart to put why,when most gearheads pretty much know these are all repacked chinese.
          Originally posted by Hankrod
          Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
          ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

i bought a parts truck with a DUI in it. those are hi-buck. and it was cheap crap under the cap.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
              • Jan 20, 2006

hey kevin,on the skip whites i had,the clear cap version was a good unit and the stock gear fit on. the red cap was junk, and the roll pin hole was in the wrong spot for an oem gear.

Comment

• Probesport
                232 I6
                • Apr 15, 2015

Fwiw, my skip white is a black cap, gear transferred over just fine.
                Ken S.
                Megasquirt EFI

Comment

• Ristow
                  • Jan 20, 2006

did yours have the little wire retainer plastic cover that screws on?

Comment

• k13evin
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 02, 2015

thanks ristow. i asked because i know nothing about HEI never had one,so i thought i would give it a try. seem kinda easy to install and all that.
                    plus im sure im like everyone else.. i can always build it better
                    or mess it up really bad.
                    1990 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, Carb 2150
                    31x10.5/15 4in lift
                    200000 miles and still rolling

Comment

• k13evin
                      232 I6
                      • Mar 02, 2015

So when hooking the wire up. Does the coil get removed and one of the wires from the coil go to the new HEI distributor? Is that the 12v power to it and does it have to be grounded?
                      31x10.5/15 4in lift

Comment

• Ristow
                        • Jan 20, 2006

you can use the coil + wire,but it'll usually be reduced voltage,which you don't want. you want switched full voltage. the distributor is grounded simply via being installed.

i'd just keep the stock distributor and set it up correctly.

Comment

• AMC-COMMANDO
                          232 I6
                          • May 28, 2014

Is the DUI HEI made in USA?
                          1975 J20
                          1972 Commando
                          1962 CJ3B U.S. Navy
                          1971 Hurst Jeepster

Comment

• Ristow
                            • Jan 20, 2006

i really doubt it.

Comment

• k13evin
                              232 I6
                              • Mar 02, 2015

Set the stock up correctly? Like setting the timing on it or changing stuff about it.
                              She runs good now, just didn't know if changing that would help any.
                              31x10.5/15 4in lift

Comment

• Ristow
                                • Jan 20, 2006

set the vacuum advance and mechanical advance up. they are both too light.

Comment

Working...
                                X