• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Stephens
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 01, 2000

Replacement Sheet Metal

Does anyone out there have a source for replacement sheet metal. I have a '81 J-10 and a '72 J-2000. Please forward address and phone number of the company if you have a good source.....Thanks

------------------
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Rabucks carries some tin for FSJ's. I think their web site is www.raybucks.com
    If that's not it dig around on this web site under sources/body or some such. The address is there somewhere...

-joe
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• Ray Stephens
      230 Tornado
      • Aug 01, 2000

Thanks Joe,
      I'm aware of Raybucks,seemed to me if its truck specific(i.e.bed panels)they are very limited. I was hoping someone else had a deeper selection. Man,finding some of the simplest things for the "big guys" is like a full figured gal shopping in the petite section.

Comment

• joe
        • Apr 28, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray Stephens:
        Thanks Joe,
        I'm aware of Raybucks,seemed to me if its truck specific(i.e.bed panels)they are very limited. I was hoping someone else had a deeper selection. Man,finding some of the simplest things for the "big guys" is like a full figured gal shopping in the petite section.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Ray, bed parts are tough to find. I'm lucky and don't live in the rust belt so I haven't really had a need to dig into it but I'm not aware of any after market bed panels.
        On the full figured thing...if ya do find one in the skimpy section...ask her if she's got an "older" sister

-joe
        joe
        "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• RustyJeep
          304 AMC
          • Apr 09, 2000

Believe it or not, but JC Whitney has full side panels for the long box pickup. I bought some, but haven't gotten around to putting them on yet.

------------------
          RustyJeep
          -----------
          '90 GW 360
          (for sale)

Project "P.O.S."
          '82 J-10 258
          Bone Stock...For Now
          -Rustyjeep-
          aka Ben Mitchell
          '73 J4000 3/4 ton -nothing stock-

Comment

• ClarkGriswald
            350 Buick
            • Jul 03, 2000

A friend of mine always insisted that the JC Whitney body panels were ok, but he also insisted on stripping them and priming them himself rather than leaving the coating on them that came with em.. Thats all I know, I am very bodywork illiterate.. allthough that guy and others have taught me theyre tricks of the trade I have had little occasion to utilize them. Anyone have input on this one??

------------------
            88 Grand Wagoneer
            D44's front\rear
            AMC 360
            TF 727
            NP 229 (Funky)
            Bone Stock (for now)
            NO RUNNING BOARDS!
            88 Rusting mound
            79 Rusting mound

Comment

Working...