• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SC/397
    Administrator
    • Feb 01, 2010

JeepFest 2019!

Hello, ISFJAfans -

Jeff Nelson here, with the "When Wagoneers Roamed the Earth!" history display. I wanted to send you some photos showing preparations I've been making for the big Full-Size Jeep display inside SeaGate Center during Toledo JeepFest this year. I meant to send them to you weeks ago, but I've just been so busy. Can you do me a big favor, and post these photos and my description below on the IFSJA website? I really appreciate it!!

Unlike last year, when the Wagoneer event was held in a friend's studio on Huron Street, with Full-Size Jeeps lining both side of the street, this year the "When Wagoneers Roamed the Earth!" display will be inside the SeaGate convention center in downtown Toledo, along with all the other historic Jeeps. The Toledo Mudhens baseball team are playing at-home games the same weekend, so the city would not allow JeepFest to close the same number of streets as they did last year. This meant we couldn't really replicate what we did last year, and I realized that it would make more sense to put all my stuff in the SeaGate Center.

Toledo JeepFest starts on Friday, August 9th, but the historic Jeep displays inside the SeaGate Center do not open until Saturday, August 10th. The historic Jeep displays will be open from 10 am - 6 pm on Saturday, Aug. 10th and from 10 am - 1 pm on Sunday August 11th.

I attach photos of the HO-Scale model I made of my Wagoneer history display. After JeepFest last year, I changed the display from 2-sided to 1-sided, and added another 22 display panels full of Wagoneer/Gladiator/Cherokee/Honcho/J10 and J20 ads and brochures. Now the history display has 48 panels (each 40" x 60"), and is almost 200 feet long - almost as wide as SeaGate Center. I'm showing 40% more material than I had on display during JeepFest last year.

Also attached are some photos of the 10 x 42-foot vinyl banner I had made. We hung it up on Monday in the SeaGate Convention Center in downtown Toledo (right across the street from the Mudhens baseball stadium.

I've just about finished with the 4 display cases I'm building, each with a footprint of 4 x 8 feet. These will hold my Tonka Wagoneers, and other size model Wagoneers, as well as Jeep dealership showroom albums and such. They look like huge salad bars, where you can't access any of the salad.

If anyone wants to help us set up stuff at SeaGate Center on Thursday (Aug. 8th) or Friday (Aug. 9th), please text me at (419) 261-5900.

Thanks!! Jeff

Greg Huge Wagoneer Banner July 19th2019 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
    Jeff Nelson HO Scale Wagoneer History Display 1 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
    Hanging 10x42 Wagoneer Banner 2 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
    Last edited by SC/397; 08-07-2019, 07:12 AM.
    The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world
Working...
X