Roy's Old Cherokee is playing in Moab today...UPDATE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

Had plans for the Chero, but a buddy in Michigan has been drooling over this vehicle, since I got it back from Bend, OR... Made me an offer I couldn't refuse, plus it will be going to a GREAT new home, as I KNOW he will do right by it...

Other than removing the running boards, had only gotten around to the following;
    - driver door hinges rebuilt (door sag)
    - hood pop-up assist spring cups straightened
    - t-gate pins adjusted to fix rattle
    - fuel tank filler & vent hoses replaced (dried out & leaking)
    - shift lever & headlamp knobs epoxied on
    - fuel filter hoses re-routed to correct starvation in 100 plus temps
    - driver side eng mount replaced and restraint strap added
    - all hinges, strikers, & latches lubed

While we were in Moab in May, my buddy rolled his YJ, so I located a nice tub, hood, & t-gate for him and had agreed to haul it to MI when I headed back in July for some salmon fishing... SO... got permission from the new owner to use the Chero in Ouray for my annual trip for the 4th of July in Ouray/Silverton... That way I can load both, then leave for MI, directly from Ouray area when we're done wheeling...

Loaded & ready to rock... Tossed in an old Honcho driver door I've been hanging onto for since forever, in case he bends one down the road... Don't need it cluttering my storage any longer...

Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• wickedwagon767
      304 AMC
      • Dec 26, 2005

Nice hat

Comment

• royaustin2000
        232 I6
        • Feb 09, 2008

Steve, that was a short little stint. Hope the new owner loves it

Comment

Best laid plans of mice & men... Basically, he bugged me about his having big plans for a resto-mod WT that I would be proud to see, until I gave in...

After hearing all of his plans for it, I couldn't resist not allowing him to give it a go... Should be a SWEET ride when he's finished...

Perhaps someday I can find another as nice, to work with myself...

Comment

• royaustin2000
            232 I6
            • Feb 09, 2008

That was a short stint with the Chero! Sounds like you were getting after it. Hope the new owner enjoys

Comment

• royaustin2000
              232 I6
              • Feb 09, 2008

Didn't see my first post, so like an idiot I posted again. If your buddy
              sends pics, feel free to pass them on. I'd like to see it. Slow going
              on my plans for the J truck. Life keeps getting in the way. Later Roy

Comment

Originally posted by royaustin2000
                Didn't see my first post, so like an idiot I posted again. If your buddy sends pics, feel free to pass them on. I'd like to see it.
                Guess it's MY turn to keep bugging him...

Originally posted by royaustin2000
                Slow going on my plans for the J truck. Life keeps getting in the way. Later Roy
                Understand that completely... Even though I'm retired, there is NEVER enough hours in a day to get even 1/4th of it done...

Comment

Working...
                X