X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadironrat
    258 I6
    • Mar 25, 2008

It has the same RC 3" lift on the front that it has on the rear. I took out the overload spring from the rear spring packs and now they are nearly flat. I have some stock springs I can use to do a shackle flip. Can I do a shackle flip without gaining the 7" of lift everyone says you get? Is there a way do the flip and only gain about 4-5 inches in the rear(over stock springs)?
    Jacob Z

1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, work in progress

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

Those look like aluminum shims; alsolooks like they are broken. Don't use aluminum shims - they break.

If you want to use shims, and this is a rear axle, they should rotate the pinion up toward the transfer case, fat side to the rear of the car for spring-over, fat side to the front for spring-under. I think I said fat side to the front, but I was thinking spring-under before. If it has blocks for lift, it has to be spring-over, and mcjeep80 is right. (whew). Sorry if I confused you.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• bigjeepthing
        232 I6
        • Nov 05, 2006

springs

On my first wag I used the rc springs and it sat low in the back. I took out the overload spring then used the old main leaf with the eyes cut off under the new main leaf and a 1" block with big side to the back. It flexed great and leveled out the truck.
        ITS A FULLSIZE JEEP THING AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

Comment

Working...
        X