• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

March AZFSJC Trail Ride MARCH 25- Tucson area

All right!

Steve started to put this together but I told him I would post it on the board.

Steve (Viscacha) Either Date Camping - Confirmed (1)
    Jaime (CAT) Either Date Camping - Confirmed (1)
    Keith 25th, Camping, looking for ride from East Valley!
    Mike (WILL E) 25th, Camping - Confirmed (2)
    Chet (Mntgoat) either date, one day only - Cancelled (0)
    Derek (To Be named) 25th, Camping (2)
    Bob - Rstep (18th is better) - No confirmation
    Tad Not going (0)
    Ralph - Can't go. (0)
    Allen (BigRedCheif) Not Going (0)
    Tom (Johnson) - Not going. (0)
    Kevin and Kristen Camping - Confirmed (2)
    Nick and 2 friends Camping - Confirmed (3)
    Jerry - Not going (0)
    Mike A Going 1 day only. (2)

We're looking at 2 possible dates for this event. Either the weekend of March 18th or the 25th. It will be set up so that those who attend can either go for just the day or camp out and do some trailing on a second day.

(Right now we are leaning twords the 25th as the date).

Here's the scoop so far:

Chivo Falls/Redington Loop located in the Rincon Mtns east of Tucson.

Meet: 9:30 McDonalds (was 10am)
    9075 East Tanque Verde Road @ Catalina Hyw
    Tucson, AZ 85749
    (across the street from the Chuy's, Tucson M&G)

Trail: Chivo Falls / Frog Holler (pray for rain). When we reach the falls we'll split up and the one-day group will go back out to the road via "Three Feathers" for a little more play time. The two-day group will continue along the Redington loop and set up camp on the trail. Sunday should be a short day to allow time for those from further away to get back home at a reasonable hour.

Steve Rath of the Tucson area is heading this one up. Jaime and The Cat will be coming out from El Paso to attend.

If you wish to join the trail ride please pick a date which works for you and reply to the AFSJC mailing list or to this email. We will pick the final date in a couple of weeks so reply soon. Thanks.

If you want to attend but can't stay for the whole day or your rig is not quite ready yet then you can meet up with us at McDonalds and drive up Redington Pass rd 7 miles to the trail head as part of the group. Redington Pass rd is a class 2 dirt road with some switchbacks and great views of the old pueblo. The trail leading from there to Three feathers is a class 2.5 trail approximately 1/2 mile in length. For those who want to wheel to Chivo Falls the trail from Three Feathers is rated a class 3.5 approximately 4 miles long one way. The entire two-day trail ride will total 16 miles. Rock crawling, aggressive hill climbs, and boulder hopping will be among some of the activities. There is no Arizona pin striping on this trail.

[ March 23, 2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: will e ]
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

• rstep
    304 AMC
    • Oct 09, 2003

I'm good for the 18th but may have to come up with something for the 25th as of this time.
    77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
    d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
    Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
    33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
    Tadrack
    Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
    Soa,with 1" shackle up front
    Hood vents

Comment

• viscacha
      350 Buick
      • Dec 11, 2002

I think the 25th is working out for a few here so let?s all try for that.
      steve

?86 J20
      SOA, Dana 60's, F/R Lockers
      Full High Steer, Ram Assist
      Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• BigRedChief
        350 Buick
        • Feb 27, 2005

Looks like this is going to be a last minute decision for me. It's a busy month. I'll keep my eye on the thread and try to make it. If I'm not there, don't wait for me.
        1979 Cherokee Chief - SOLD.
        AMC 360 -TBI, TFI, TH400, QT, D44's
        BJ's 4" & ProComp ES3000's
        15x10 black steel wagon wheels & 33x12.5 Kumho Venture MTs

Comment

• gwinn
          360 AMC
          • Nov 05, 2001

The 25th is better for me. I'm still not sure if I'll be bringing Johnson or needing a ride. I probably can't camp because I'm on call every weekend.
          1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• will e
            Always Broke
            • Nov 16, 2001

Okay, we set the date for March 25th. Looks like we are going to get a decent turn out.
            82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• viscacha
              350 Buick
              • Dec 11, 2002

LMAO. Okay, I got some ?other? Tucson guys going. It might get interesting lol.
              steve

?86 J20
              Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• Heimeken
                304 AMC
                • Nov 29, 2000

OK, I'm set for the 25th. Might go a day early to catch a ball game [img]smile.gif[/img]
                '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
                401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
                One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
                J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• viscacha
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 11, 2002

Okay, today I?m hanging out in Marana where I?ve been seeing some nice fsj?s and am going to hand out trail ride fliers after I chase them down to their homes in Continental Ranch. LOL. I hope I don?t get shot. I?ll get some Tucson rigs on this trail ride if it kills me.

I have a couple of ?others? coming, an xj and a zj.
                  steve

?86 J20
                  Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• 78 Arizona Chief
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jan 06, 2004

OK,
                    Looks like I am going to make this trip with Kristen. Not sure yet whether or not I will bring the Chief, or maybe Kristen's LJ. I might just postpone pulling my engine until after this trip. Steve, I think you said that you were not in too much of a hurry for it. I figure by the time I get the new motor broke in, it will be past 100 degrees and not too much fun for wheeling. I am trying to get my brother out here that weekend too to bring the '88 wag down for some fun. Got it all buttoned back up. New oil pump and mid plate and it holds near 60 psi while driving. Not too bad for a 360 with over 200,000 miles. Anyway, we will be camping. Looking forward to it. How are we going to handle the food? I can always just pitch in money for the famous breakfast. See you guys soon. Tom if you need a ride, you are more than welcome. Mike, we should caravan down with any other east valley folks.
                    Kevin.
                    \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• viscacha
                      350 Buick
                      • Dec 11, 2002

Kevin, the longer you keep the motor the better it is for me since I can?t install it until winter. There is a super market in the plaza at the meeting place where you can last minute shop. Hmm, I wonder what Mike wants to do?
                      steve

?86 J20
                      Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• viscacha
                        350 Buick
                        • Dec 11, 2002

For those camping out here is a slideshow link to some pics of Redington loop and where we will be camping. It?s the lower crossing on Tanque Verde creek known as the minefield. The brown fsj golden eagle that gwinn and I met out at chiva one time is winching a couple baby jeeps out of the water crossing and mud. They have a lot of good shots of the golden eagle making it across and of course a broken leaf spring repair on someone?s rig. The brown Cherokee is planning on attending our trail ride so I?m told.

Think rain.

steve

?86 J20
                        Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• Little Red Wagon
                          232 I6
                          • Mar 01, 2006

That looks like something I would really like to go on...unfortunatly I have about another month before my Wagon is gonna be ready. It's gettin painted this weekend, and hopefully BJ's will send the lift along quickly. He was waiting on a few parts before he could ship it out. I think that's another two weeks away. Thanks for the invite Will e I'll have to catch the next one.
                          1985 ' Grand Wagoneer "Little Red Wagon"
                          1978' Chevy 1/2ton 4x4 pu "Ol' Blue"
                          2005' Silverado SS "Silver Bullet"
                          1965' Malibu SS "SS Super Car"
                          1984' Parts Wagon! PM me if your lookin for somethin I might have it.

Comment

• STILRUNZ
                            232 I6
                            • Feb 06, 2005

25th, camping.
                            1978 J10 Shortbed
                            (F/R;D60 D2600 Dodge 2.5 Ton;4:88;35spln;F/R Detroits;Prem. Wrn Hbs),TTFAB shkle flip,Thrnbird 38.5/14.5/15's,SOA,ATK Rem.360,Edelbrock 4bbl,Z&M Gages,TH400/NP205,Xover
                            Pics:
                            http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/gallery...l_IMG_0881.jpg
                            http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_IMG_0886.jpg

Comment

• viscacha
                              350 Buick
                              • Dec 11, 2002

OMG. Excellent.
                              steve

?86 J20
                              Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

Working...