• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Looks like a lot of fun, and no mud!
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• mattmopar440
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • May 17, 2007

Wow you did start this build in 2010 Sorry for your loss Greg Hope you can get back to building a new one soon
      87' Grand Wagoneer
      401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
      84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
      80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
      74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
      Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Inferior Chevy

Comment

• Ghinmi
        Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

I waited quite a while to post this. Back in July I was driving to the local Friday night hangout. Idiot in a big body Caddy was going twice the speed limit and ran a red light, I had nowhere to go. Luckily the safety equipment did it's job and I made it out pretty well. Hit hard enough that it broke the rear suspension crossmember and pushed the axle back. The new one is coming along well.

Last edited by babywag; 10-05-2017, 09:12 AM.
        Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
        http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

DAMN!
          Glad you are ok, but those pics made me ill...what a shame

I edited your post to change the ginormous pics...when they're that large really tough to view them on forum.

With imgur all you need to do is add an "h" to the end of pic name to resize to 1024x1024.
          so say link is imgur.com/picxyz.jpg you just add it like imgur.com/picxyzh.jpg
          Last edited by babywag; 10-05-2017, 09:16 AM.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Ghinmi
            Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Thanks for the tip on the hugenormous pictures! My first time using the new hosting after photobucket started circling the drain.

The pictures still make me sick but wait until you see what I'm building next! I promise I won't make you wait as long as last time, it's coming together quickly.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project

Comment

• ShagWagon
              350 Buick
              • Apr 10, 2016

That'll buff right out!
              87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• itselliot
                350 Buick
                • Aug 28, 2010

After seeing the Cherokee just last week.....All I can say is that you are pulling off some magic......cant wait to see it in paint
                If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
                [email protected]
                616 four 03 44 0 five
                '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
                "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
                '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                  Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Yep, a huge amount of work has been done in the last couple months. I'm lucky to have the time right now to make it happen and a GREAT bunch of talented people that have helped. The guys at the body shop have already made great progress from the pictures they have sent me.

Here's the mostly complete engine/trans/turbo combo. Same engine and turbo as before, just fixed and a different turbo placement. I didn't want to build another set of headers so these are off the shelf chevy LS headers with adapter plates to fit the hemi.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

Did the Caddy driver make it out okay. Also sorry you lost that one. Was A very nice build.
                    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
                    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Kind of make sense why you have been posting for fenders, door, etc. in the wanted section.

You said "The guys at the body shop have already made great progress from the pictures they have sent me." I assume since bubba ran the red light, his insurance is paying for this?

This was hard to read.
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Ghinmi
                        Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                        Did the Caddy driver make it out okay. Also sorry you lost that one. Was A very nice build.
                        He had some pretty substantial injuries. I wasn't sure if he had survived or not and purposely didn't look into it but the guys at the tow yard did let me know that he made it. If I would have been a little quicker to the intersection and he broadsided me I would've been a goner. Witnesses say he was going 70-80 in a 35 and never hit the brakes.

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                        Kind of make sense why you have been posting for fenders, door, etc. in the wanted section.

You said "The guys at the body shop have already made great progress from the pictures they have sent me." I assume since bubba ran the red light, his insurance is paying for this?

This was hard to read.
                        He had no insurance, as you would expect from lowlife. However, Michigan being a no fault state means that you provide coverage for your own vehicle. I had it fairly well insured and my insurance company paid out the agreed value after it was declared a total loss. Not enough to build a completely new one but enough to get pretty far into it. I would normally do the paint and body work myself but a shop is cutting me a killer deal and a very aggressive timeline (2 weeks) so I went for it. Hope to have it back for final assembly in a week or so.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                          Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Well, the new and improved Cherokee is finished enough to show off and drive! This was a tremendous amount of work in 4 months but worth it. Still needs some work on the interior and engine bay but I have over 100 miles on it now. Seems to be pretty strong on 4 psi. The new hot side seems to have sped up spool even more, full boost at 1400 rpm. And seems to handle very well. Looks like today was the last nice day of the year before winter so now I have all winter to rest and finish it at a much slower pace.

Quick specs:
                          1975 Cherokee S wide trac
                          Lift off fiberglass front end with stock hood
                          1969-70 Plymouth B5 Blue Fire paint by Autocraft Custom Collision in Muskegon MI
                          12 point chromemoly cage by Total Fab in Hastings MI
                          '67-72 C10 frame shortened 17", reverse Z'ed 4" front, notched rear
                          No Limit Wide Ride front suspension with Ridetech single adjustables
                          Coilover rear with reinforced trailing arms and adjustable height locator bar
                          2010 Challenger 5.7 HEMI and TR6060 6 speed
                          Holley HP EFI
                          Bullseye Street Billet S366 turbo, JGS 50mm wastegate and bov
                          Flowtech LSx turbo headers with custom adapter plates to bolt to hemi
                          Full stainless hot side and exhaust
                          Full floater 9" rear with 4.56 gears and Detroit locker with Ron Sutton springs
                          275/40zr17 Continental ExtremeContact Sports on 17x11 ZR1s on all 4 corners

Comment

• 63J200atLSU
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jan 15, 2016

I said it on the Facebook... I'll say it here.

That is a damn fine truck, sir. -Greg T
                            '63 J200 Resto-mod in progress
                            (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=178651)

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 31, 2016

GOOOD GAWD!!!! I am supposed to go to work today and all i am going to be able to do is stare at this pics!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! THAT BLUE!! THOSE RIMS!!!! THAT STANCE!!!
                              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                              (Cherokee Build Thread)
                              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                                Administrator
                                • Oct 31, 2016

tell me stories about that front bumper... is it painted? is it steel? where did you get a straight steel bumper like that?
                                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                                X