My plans after I pick it up will be to
1. Get the passenger door operating.
2. Check the interior condition start by removing the front seats, carpet and look at floors. Also remove the sagging headliner.
3. Check out dash wiring for any destruction by mice. Good thing it has manual windows, manual remote side mirrors.
4. Check Motor condition, swap carb do fluids etc.. drain or pump out gas. inspect under hood wiring harnesses
*****Question.... Did 81 have a plastic tank or were they still metal? ***** My 78 was metal and my 84 was plastic. So I'm not sure of the exact transition year for that.
5. Check trans/ t-case fluid/ diff fluid.
I'd like to get her running after being dormant for so many years. I miss my 78 W/T so I thought it was time to get back into one before they were all gone or too expensive for me to buy.
Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC : 11-26-2019 at 08:52 PM.