X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

Spring hangers are sitting in a box and waiting for these stupid El Nino rains to give me a break Thanks Tad!
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Gambler68
      ...Thanks Tad!
      Anytime.
      Hollar if you need the numbers from my hanger placement.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Gambler68
        Rabble Rouser
        • Feb 29, 2004

Right so..got the gas tank hung, and finally tackled the 'too short clutch rod' problem..12.05 in parts and an hour of puttering around got me a 'new' clutch rod that fits, is adjustable, and have enough left over to make more if I had too for it. It's pretty solid but if it bends I'll just buy steel rod and thread it, and consider this a mockup.

whether from wear or by design, the ball at the pedal is a bit larger. Drilled out the couplers, wangled the drill bit around to hog em out, finished with a dremel stone, and squirted some gun oil in there. Works nice, just need to set the final angle and set up the pedal.
        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by COLOFIREMAN
          It's great to see you working on her Ryan...
          ditto!
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

Oh yeah, keep plinking away at it. Hung the side skirting on one side again to try and visualize what I'm going to to. It's going to need custom rear fenders, that's for sure..the OEMs look stupid with huge tires. And with the spring going SUF I will need to raise the rear some..got 3" with Tad perches and 2" tapered blocks sitting on my bench. I could fire it any time soon but would like it off jackstands first
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
              Rabble Rouser
              • Feb 29, 2004

hangers are burned in nice!!! Will post up front end re-install and praying my math was right..
              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                Rabble Rouser
                • Feb 29, 2004

So...I totally forgot that I needed a GM ubolt plate..yes they they different than anything Jeep offered. I used a FSJ spring bolt plate on the drivers side, but the pass side needed something custom...

3/4" steel...I have a lot of this stuff. What I don't have is a bandsaw and a drill press, so forming this by hand (sawzall, 6.5amp 1/2" drill, and 4" makita grinder, and a collection of machinist drills meant for a milling machine). The holes are actually correct spacing, the pad is not square (doesn't matter either really).

2 more to go...this is the wide side for the pumpkin, on a GM HD44 the other ubolt goes over the tube.
                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                  Rabble Rouser
                  • Feb 29, 2004

Quite a few hours shaping that slab of steel plate! The plate for the other side is a SUA pad turned sideways, I still have to add a bevel for the reversed direction the spring will now flex. I put a nice bevel on this one. On the GM HD44, it uses one very wide ubolt for the cast section, and one thin one that slips over the tube. IIRC, on a jeep D44, both pumpkin mount ubolts are wider.

Now I need a drop pitman arm, and I can finish up the steering. If anyone wants to buy my un-used hellcreek 2" plates, there's a post in For Sale.
                  Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                    Murphy's Law Poster Child
                    • Dec 03, 2003

With this progress will she be at Ouray this year?
                    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                    '88 GW
                    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• Gambler68
                      Rabble Rouser
                      • Feb 29, 2004

Depends on what sort of winter we have. Still have to rewire the entire thing and plumb the brakes, raise the rear and tons of little crap. I'd say there's a 75% chance I can get it to the KOA. 100% if it trailer queens At least all the 'heavy' stuff is paid for and done.

Ideally, I'd like to run 36/37" millitary take offs, but for now these 38's should be ok. I think they're far too heavy and wide for non-ram assist steering..and THAT's not in the plan. Won't know till I drive it. I'd also like a spool for the rear, or perhaps Lincoln Lock it.
                      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                        Rabble Rouser
                        • Feb 29, 2004

Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Tad
                          • Nov 30, 2001

Looks like things are moving along nicely
                          (don't forget the wrench)
                          2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                          Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Gambler68
                            Rabble Rouser
                            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by Tad
                            Looks like things are moving along nicely
                            (don't forget the wrench)
                            I need a wench that can wrench! Thanks! I posted a thread in Offroad too. Your hangers are awesome man!

And hey, anyone reading, I had a pair of 2" wide 1" lift perches Tad sent me for the original build, I'd be happy to pass them on for the cost of shipping.
                            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                            X