• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOLSAKS
    304 AMC
    • Jul 25, 2016

dang

that was a good eye on the no country for old men ( exciting movie )

and rang ! bet your heart dropped. when you saw what is virtually your rig
    sitting stripped of its man hood in the lot.

thanx y'all for posting this stuff.

escape from reality in FSJ world.

dave in NC
    SOLSAKS - dave
    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
    1982 J-10 Fleetside
    1988 grand wagoneer
    2004 RUBICON jeep
    Benson, NC

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

In the trailer for "Intruder" looks like Dennis Qaide drives a G-Wag. It's shown a couple times in the trailer alone.
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Watched Bumble Bee on my flight to DC today. A Wagoneer shows up in 2 different scenes. pretty sure its the same one.

Also check out the main character Decepticon Dropkick, He's a SWEET lifted Javelin! This thing is awesome and you see it several times.
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
          360 AMC
          • Oct 02, 2002

Watched "American Made" last night. A Reagan era movie on the Iran Contra affair some of you may remember from the news years ago. A true story of TWA pilot Barry Seals played by Tom Cruise who is recruited by the CIA to fly guns down and drugs back to and from central america to the US. Caught by the DEA flying his twin aircraft, Barry was told to follow the DEA aircraft to the nearest military airstrip and he decides to ditch his plane in a neighborhood below to escape. The plane crashes down a street ending up against a mid to late 80's wagoneer parked next to a house. He hands the kid in the yard a stack of money in exchange for a BMX bike he exits down the street quickly on. Total air time for the wagoneer is probably less than a minute. It is a very good movie we thought and aside from the hollywood polish, it explains what really happened and how Iran had nothing to do with any of it. The bonus features with Barry's family at the end was very interesting.
          Melford1972 says...
          I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
          -----------------------
          I make wag parts
          1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
          1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
          1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
          1968 M715 restomod
          2001 Dodge 3500
          2002 Toyota Tundra
          2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
          Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Tarjema
            230 Tornado
            • May 19, 2007

Originally posted by jcarlson
            This was a really fun video shoot, I'm driving. I loaned them my Wagoneer for this campaign.

http://www.king5.com/mb/entertainmen...arks/436641173

I know I'm responding to a two-year-old post - the article has moved to:

It's a shame they didn't make their funding goal! This sounds like an awesome idea; once I get my Cherokee done, I would have been happy to volunteer a few weekends to go share info about the National Parks.
            --Tim
            1978 4-door 401 Cherokee
            aka Chewey

Comment

• UnkleMunky
              350 Buick
              • Oct 17, 2000

My brother told me about a J-truck in an episode of CHiPs. I didn't get many other details, but did find the link below interesting:

I'm sure there were a number of FSJ in the series as passing vehicles, but this one was part of the plot. I think it was the bad guy and they were chasing him through some trails and stuff. Anybody know the episode? I'd love to see it.

I also believe I saw a late model GW in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series). They had an XJ as a regular in that for awhile as well. Don't recall which episode, however....the GW was only a quickie....first saw bit of hood and I was like....JEEP....and then saw more of it a few moments later....and that was about it.
              Michael (UnkleMunky)
              '78 J10: 258, 4 speed(T18), longbed, topper
              '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette
              Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...

Comment

• Ristow
                • Jan 20, 2006

wow,where have you been hiding?

Originally posted by UnkleMunky
                My brother told me about a J-truck in an episode of CHiPs. I didn't get many other details, but did find the link below interesting:

I'm sure there were a number of FSJ in the series as passing vehicles, but this one was part of the plot. I think it was the bad guy and they were chasing him through some trails and stuff. Anybody know the episode? I'd love to see it.

I also believe I saw a late model GW in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series). They had an XJ as a regular in that for awhile as well. Don't recall which episode, however....the GW was only a quickie....first saw bit of hood and I was like....JEEP....and then saw more of it a few moments later....and that was about it.
                Originally posted by Hankrod
                Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• UnkleMunky
                  350 Buick
                  • Oct 17, 2000

Being it's the 50th anniversary of Woodstock it reminded me of the Gladiator in the Director's cut of the film. Took some screenshots....not the best due to being screenshots, but it's still good to see.

That's at the end of the 2nd of the 3 parts. There's a Willy's wagon and Wagoneer passing by in the first 14 minutes of first section as well.

Enjoy!
                  Michael (UnkleMunky)
                  '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette

Comment

• e_digg
                    258 I6
                    • Oct 26, 2009

Somebody posted about a white wag in Lethal Weapon 2 but I was watching the first movie and there was a white GW in that one. Towards end of movie 2 sec shot when Riggs was running down street towards hwy after blonde guy
                    1991 Grand Wagoneer
                    My 91 Phoenix Build Thread

Comment

• MReese Wagonner
                      230 Tornado
                      • Jul 17, 2019

Originally posted by Tarjema

It's a shame they didn't make their funding goal! This sounds like an awesome idea; once I get my Cherokee done, I would have been happy to volunteer a few weekends to go share info about the National Parks.
                      --Tim
                      Earlier this summer we were in Glacier National Park MT and decided one of my retirement jobs would be Tour Bus driver/Guide 3 -4 months of the year tell people about the Mountains and Park !!! all while driving a 1930's truck , that has a 90's Ford van chassis
                      New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
                      old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
                      http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

Comment

• UnkleMunky
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 17, 2000

What is this on a Verizon wireless page?

Verizon has the best prepaid phones, hotspot devices and plans, including our new lowest priced prepaid Unlimited plan with loyalty discounts. Shop now and save.

direct link to image in smaller format only:

I think there is also a GW in a recent Twizzler commercial. Not very good images in the commercial, but enough to know if you know what it is.
                        Michael (UnkleMunky)
                        '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette

Comment

• UnkleMunky
                          350 Buick
                          • Oct 17, 2000

Six seconds of a wag at the beginning of this ad for Apple's New Arcade service:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Michael (UnkleMunky)
                          '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette

Comment

• threepiece
                            350 Buick
                            • Sep 17, 2005

Movie called Wait Until Dark, in the first minutes, an early white Wagoneer parks next to a passenger jet plane.
                            FSJ Hybrid build thread: http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43332
                            We are Borg, but we don't know it yet.
                            We are being assimilated but we don't know it yet.
                            Resistance is not futile yet.
                            Are you and your children connected yet?

Comment

• jeepguzzi
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Oct 21, 2000

Just watched a movie on Netflix from 2018 called How It Ends. Features a 1979 saggy.

The annoying thing was it appeared that the front bumper was from a wide track.
                              79Cherokee Chief<br />4\" BDS Lift<br />Custom Bumper <br />33\"x 11.5\" x 15\" BFG All-Terrains"<br /> T.H. 400 B.W.1339 Quadra Trac <br />Mile marker 16% O.D.part time kit<br />360c.i. Edelbrock pkg.<br />MSD ign. & coil <br/>Bored .030 over<br />Tri-Y headers<br />stainless steel exhaust<br />mustang seats<br />Holley 4bbl

Comment

• Rod2
                                327 Rambler
                                • Apr 11, 2004

Whose waggy is in the Pigeon Fprge tourism commercial?
                                Rod Skaggs
                                '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

Working...
                                X