View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankyolman
I just found your post at fitechtuning

(https://fitechefituning.com/fitech-e...r-gas-mileage/ )

I see your coolant temp is 177-179. Your log doesn't look all that different from mine but I can't say I'm getting any better mileage. If your interested here is a link to my latest data log so you can compare.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtllmUWFvoeUgi4l...Hps48?e=jWyYfv

I have a 180 or 185 thermostat and had the fitech sensor in the thermostat housing and it never got over 170. I never removed it from the housing when I got the Delco. Because my intake doesn't have a hole for a 3/8 sensor I wound up installing the Delco sensor in the heater hose at the back of the block. My normal running coolant temp taken at that location according to my handheld controller is between 190 and 201 but cylinder head temp shows 140-143. I'm not sure how they come up with that number.

I kind of wish that Austin Dehaas guy who has that fitchtuning website lived near me so I could just pay him to tune it for me.

It will be 2 weeks before I have a mileage number for mine but I was getting a consistent 9 MPG with the carb. I hope you figure out how to get better mileage so I can do the same.

Yeah I see it now lol. Does it make sense that the cylinder temp is colder than the coolant temp? Not to me. I thought that was what it was reading as my running temperature . I’ll compare it to my analog gauge today to see if it’s on or close to the fitech sensor.

All I noticed different between yours and mine was your afr was 1 point set lower and your pump pwm was 2 points higher. I don’t look at it too long. I do t know what it means. Your un a 6cyl right? I haven’t tried to lower my afr settings since I reset everything after I installed a new o2 sensor thinking it wasn’t t working correctly and it didn’t help either. Was going to do so when I figure out or find something to set it too. Need to break out the manual again to remember how it works.

That guy won’t reply to my post for some reason...
87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Last edited by ShagWagon : 06-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.