• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeepsAndGuns
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 18, 2003

Originally posted by FSJ Guy
    Good to know that I don't need the DRAC!
    You still might, just depends on what VSS you are running.
    All the info I kept reading said I would need a 4 pulse sine wave vss for this ecm. I have the 2 pulse square wave from JTR.
    After talking to a few guys online, I found out about that input not from drac, and also found I was using the wrong pin on the pcm. I set the flag and swapped pins, thinking it was either gonna not work at all (wrong signal type) or read half what the pcm is expected. Mutch to my surprise, when I swapped pins and hooked up the laptop, it worked just fine and even read the correct speed!
    79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
    93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• babywag
      out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

Are you using pin F13?
      I also have the JTR vss.
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• FSJ Guy
        • Mar 20, 2005

I'm running the 2PRS from JTR, too.
        Ethan Brady
        1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Jul 18, 2003

Originally posted by babywag
          Are you using pin F13?
          I also have the JTR vss.
          Yep. I had originally had it on pin F12 and it didnt work. Switched to pin F13 and it works!
          79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
          Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
          93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
            • Mar 20, 2005

One step closer, here, too. I just picked up two PCMs today.

So, by looking at the online stuff, I don't need to pop out anything from the memcal, correct?

I can just get the moates adapter and plug the memcal in and then plug the adapter into the PCM, yes?

I lightly pried on the chip and quickly realized that it doesn't come out. It actually looks like it's soldered in dow there. GM wasn't messing around I guess.
            Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Come on live dangerously...

Wasn't too terribly hard to remove it/replace it.

I got sidetracked, so not quite there yet.
              Cleaning up my wiring under the hood.
              Removed my heater box, and rerouted the factory engine harness away from the engine.
              Found some sub par wiring when I pulled it out of the loom.
              Had to lengthen the oil/coolant/ac wires, everything else luckily was long enough.
              Removed all the old duraspark wiring.

Cleaning up my TBI harness too, and mounted a relay panel on the firewall.
              Still need to get my in tank fuel pump finished as well.
              Tony

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                • Mar 20, 2005

Your soldering (and desoldering!) skills are apparently better than mine!

I just ordered the GP3 switcher package with the larger 32 pin chip and ZIF (I already have the remote switcher from my 7747 ECM) and the header to read the stock chip. I know, I don't really need the header, but since I have two stock chips, I'd like to see what they have on them.
                Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• babywag
                  out of order
                  • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by chrism
                  THANKS! for the tip.
                  Got mine today, and it works beautifully
                  No more constant errors.
                  Tony

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jul 18, 2003

Yea you can get the moates G1 adapter and all you do is plug in the stock memcal into it, then plug it into the pcm. It then has a zif socket for the eeprom. Nice little package if you ask me. I love mine.

I too just did what you did, I took a stock memcal I had and removed the stock chip, and installed a 27SF512 in its place. Then I can use the moates memcal header to program it. Havent had a chance to fire up the laptop and check my sodering skills...lol
                    But it is kinda a pain to do. Stock chip is sodered in place, and the spots to soder are tiny! I had to buy a spare sodering iron tip and file it down to a finer point so I could get it in there to do it!

Comment

• chrism
                      327 Rambler
                      • Apr 07, 2002

Originally posted by babywag
                      THANKS! for the tip.
                      Got mine today, and it works beautifully
                      No more constant errors.
                      Excellent! Make sure you go into the driver settings and change the latency from 16 to 1. You don't necessarily need to but it boosted my sampling frequency a bit.
                      1979 Cherokee
                      1979 CJ-7

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                        • Mar 20, 2005

I've been going through the $0D code. WOW!! Lots of COOL stuff! I'm really liking the table that will pull timing as engine temp goes up. The 7747 ECM was missing that and I could really use it!

Am I right in thinking that this PCM has a rpm and speed limiting function???
                        Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jul 18, 2003

Originally posted by FSJ Guy
                          Am I right in thinking that this PCM has a rpm and speed limiting function???
                          Yep, sure does! Its called engine overspeed protection. Cant remember exactly where it is at, but just scroll slowly and you will find it.
                          It has a rpm and speed limit to it. It will shut off fuel when it reaches those. The bin I am using is set to cut off fuel at 4800 rpm. And speed is set to cut fuel at 96 mph.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                            • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by JeepsAndGuns
                            Yep, sure does! Its called engine overspeed protection. Cant remember exactly where it is at, but just scroll slowly and you will find it.
                            It has a rpm and speed limit to it. It will shut off fuel when it reaches those. The bin I am using is set to cut off fuel at 4800 rpm. And speed is set to cut fuel at 96 mph.
                            Found it. I just wasn't sure that was what it really was.

I can use it as a "theft" mode. Set it to 2,000 rpm and 20 mph! LOL!!!

Whoever created the XDF rocks! He or she set it so that you can show just the main parameters, all of them, or anywhere in between. Very nice for noobs like me so I can actually FIND what I need to adjust.

My motes adapter stuff should arrive Monday. I'll have to wait until next weekend to splice in the harness.
                            Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Jul 18, 2003

Yea that little feature is pretty nifty. Select all levels for everything, or only level 1 for the most commonly used and changed settings. Weeds out a lot of the stuff you dont need, or should not change.

For noobs that are reading, just because you can change something, doesnt mean you should. Research before you just start changing stuff and punching in numbers. If you dont know what your doing, you can really mess something up.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                                • Mar 20, 2005

My stuff from moates.net came today!!!!! Quick shipping as always!

I sprung for the GP3 switching adapter since I already have the EX remote. A very nice product and it fits perfectly!

I will be spending this weekend switching over the connector plug. There's no turning back after that, I guess, huh?

Here's a question for the collective:

There are several different values for base fueling. (No, that's not the question!) Under Engine Constants, there are Injector Flow rates for TBI, CPI and MPFI in lbs/hr as well as gms/second.

Do I change ONLY the TBI lbs/hr constant or so I need to change all or some of the others, too???

I currently am running 80lb/hr 454 injectors.
                                Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

Working...
                                X