• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kreter
    232 I6
    • Jul 10, 2014

swaybars and coilovers questions

I'm beginning my research in linking my 77 j10 (frame and body) with 83 j20 axles. I'm trying to determine if Ori struts are the way I want to do with packaging (at the cost of a huge wait). or If I should go Coil Overs. I think cost wise they are near identical minus one thing- Sway bar.

I'm curious as to if anyone here has ran the factory FSJ style sway bar with coil overs, or found another oem factory set up. Wha tAntirock options I saw were hundreds of dollars and enough to kind of deter the coil over argument when you don't need a sway bar on Ori's.

Mainly daily driven, I plan on several 1000 mile road trips. Most off road will be things like blackbear and imogene pass.

unless someone can talk me out of it, I won't be going reservoirs.

Thanks in advance
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

I don't have much value to add because my suspension was leafs all the way around all the time. I am sure you are plenty aware the 77 front axle is passenger drop and the 83 is driver drop so you either need to swap cases or re-tube the axle.

IMHO, I always thought the factory front sway bar was way to tiny to deal with the body of my Cherk. I did not notice much difference when I unhooked it. I think there may be better aftermarket options out there.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
    X