Clear All
  • steamship
    232 I6
    • Mar 18, 2011

Team Grand Wagoneer - Very nice !

Hi guys,

after all the bad things it is maybe time to write some good experience
    with TGW.

I ordered last week 5 items for my Wagoneer.
    Parts were shipped the same day with tracking number.
    Received the parts three days later in Germany together with
    a nice TGW advertising bag and sticker for free.

That´s as it should be.

Greetings,
    Gunnar
    1990 Grand Wagoneer - Baltic Blue/ Sand

• jeepfan93
    304 AMC
    • Feb 07, 2006

Grats! Glad they got it done. Good people over there.
    Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
    >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
    87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
    1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• cma
      350 Buick
      • Jan 26, 2012

Can`t belive it....

Wanted to start with a initial order, but after all the horrible messages here i let it be...

so it could be time to try -)))
      Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• see2xu
        232 I6
        • Feb 18, 2013

TGW

I've spent a couple of thousand dollars with them. I had only one order where they shorted me an item, and they promptly shipped it, without any additional charges to me.

However, I found that they are dreadful about dealing with more complex problems. The headliner material I ordered arrived insufficient for the job, so I had a local guy do it with fabric he supplied, and sent the material back for credit. Nothing. No response to repeated inquiries, no credit forthcoming. It's the silence that is most annoying.

Then, a Powermaster alternator, purchased from them, failed after less than 500 miles of driving. A TGW representative told me it was under warranty, so I duly shipped it back to them, and, again, nothing. Repeated inquires, no responses. I subsequently discovered that the woman who I'd been in touch with, had left the company, but that shouldn't matter.

They're like the U.S. Postal Service - they usually do their job correctly, but when you present an exception or a complaint, you're on your own.

Comment

• Bigwood91
          232 I6
          • Jul 30, 2005

That is hard to believe. I Got the wrong part. Sent 3 emails. Left numerous voicemails over the last 4 months. No reply. I'm guessing if I placed another order online they would have no problem taking my money. It's very frustrating since there are many parts I need. I've resorted to using other sources. If anyone has a personal contact with these ppl a simple return call and correct part could possibly sway me to start buying from them again
          C.Johnson---1990 GW ISUZU 4BD1T/700R4/241C. Rolling on Chevy rallies & Cooper 32x11.5x15 AT3

The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight..T. Roosevelt

Comment

• bg2pres
            258 I6
            • Dec 07, 2003

I had an issue with them and never understood how the issue happened. I am skeptical, but I hope they have their stuff in order now...

Its too easy to do right.
            bg2pres
            1979 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle
            1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
            2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
            1981 Jeep Scrambler Laredo CJ8 (sold)
            2000 Jeep Wrangle TJ Sahara (sold)

Comment

• serehill
              Gone,Never Forgotten.
              • Nov 22, 2009

Yeah sure

Same here I have never had 5 minutes of issues with them. They are my preferred vendor.

Don't get me wrong I'll use the other vendors to but these are my primaries.

80 Cherokee
              360 ci 727 with
              Comp cams 270 h
              NP208
              Edlebrock performer intake
              Holley 4180
              Msd total multi spark.
              4" rusty's springs
              Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                350 Buick
                • Jul 09, 2009

They have been my vendor of choice as well.

I have tried all the other usual suspects, and they have all given me horrible service over the years. Never had in stock, had to wait on their vendors
                Sent defective parts, and I had to wait to send the parts back so they would send out a new one (only to find out the part would then be on back order), never return phone calls or emails ............

TGW has been great over the last two years for me.
                Of course YMMV?
                (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                  I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                  • Apr 28, 2008

I must be on their non-preferred customer list. Guess I will have to create an alias!
                  1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                  Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                  Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• orangebang
                    232 I6
                    • May 04, 2009

Ordered from them 12 days ago and got order today all looks right and all items arrived in good condition happy with them. Will order again
                    1964 J 300 dana 44's 3.55's, 383 chevy 420 hp 460 tq, turbo 350, 35 all terains, and 2.5 kings.

1964 J 200 stock except previous owner put a 327 in it does not run yet.

Comment

• ajminla
                      232 I6
                      • Jun 07, 2010

Team Grand Wag

I haven't ordered from them lately but I have a lot in the past and have never had any problems. They were even willing to take returns and credit.

Last week I called about some items cause I noticed website had been redesigned and my log in didn't have any of my old orders. Also, they used to have group discount for IFSJA members that was automatically applied to your order if you signed in. I emailed the woman I used to deal with as well as the general sales email. Also I left a voice message.

Didn't get any response for three days. Then a nice email with answers to all my questions from a new sales person. My old profile was still there but not visible to me. That got all fixed.

So I'm thinking some employee/ownership turnover that made for some problems but possibly resolved now.
                      Any one else experience something similar?
                      '89 Grand Wagoneer
                      Black with Sand Interior

Comment

• ffrayer
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 08, 2014

Ordered fro. Them a few times now. - Had one issue with a broken part (was USPS) and not their fault- got the replacement out sane day no cost !! After ny BJ's nightmare TW is my preferred vendor.

Comment

• ffrayer
                          232 I6
                          • Mar 08, 2014

[QUOTE=serehill]Same here I have never had 5 minutes of issues with them. They are my preferred vendor.

Don't get me wrong I'll use the other vendors to but these are my primaries.[/QUOT

Needed a distributor out to me quick for Memorial Fay weekend. All the other parts store needed 2-3 days. Called TGW. Overnighted it to me and didn't kill me on shipping.
                          Buddy just ordered the complete 6" lift from them looking forward to making a video how do the lift.

Comment

• jdempsey
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 05, 2014

Yep had good results on 3 orders so far.

Fast processing, and fast shipping.

Comment

Working...
                            X