• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moorehouse77
    258 I6
    • Oct 24, 2006

Originally posted by Metal Twister
    The only FSJ down that direction that Ive seen is the white one with the brown trim going down the side in front of the Deering Banjo shop, next door to Bill Holland's bike shop. Is that yours?
    Yep thats me. Small world huh?

Dave.
    1977 Waggy, 401, Holley Truck Avenger 670(for now), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.5's, MM part time conversion
    www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• billyrb
      BJ's Off-Road
      • Aug 15, 2001

Side by side I think they are different enough, dont you?
      No, I wasn't insinuating that they were a copy.....just a cooler version of a similar style bumper. I really like the looks of yours.
      BJ's Off-Road
      [email protected]
      Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Metal Twister
        350 Buick
        • Oct 20, 2008

Originally posted by moorehouse77
        Yep thats me. Small world huh?

Dave.
        Im on the corner of Olive and Bancroft... Stop by anytime!

Comment

• Metal Twister
          350 Buick
          • Oct 20, 2008

Originally posted by billyrb
          No, I wasn't insinuating that they were a copy.....just a cooler version of a similar style bumper. I really like the looks of yours.
          Good, Good, it's all Gooooooood.

Comment

• Billygoat
            304 AMC
            • Mar 16, 2004

Realy nice bumper!!

Looking for those suspension seats too! I was thinking about trying to find a junkyard set from a comercial delivery truck, but they are not easy to find.

I am with you, I have a ME degree and access to several CAD softwares, and I usually just build stuff on the fly, I also usually don't know what materails I am going to use since I often just use what is laying around of can be scavenged...makes it even harder to draw.

Comment

• Metal Twister
              350 Buick
              • Oct 20, 2008

Finally finished mounting and hooking up the winch today. Its only an 8k winch but it should be fine for anything I will need. I didnt want the control box out where it could get smacked so l stuffed it behind the grill panel.

Comment

• Heckofadeal
                232 I6
                • May 02, 2006

That's just freakin Sweet!
                1982 Wagoneer, NP208, D44 Front, AMC 20 Rear, AMC 401, TF727, 4" suspension lift, 35X12.5 BFG MTs

Comment

• j2sax
                  350 Buick
                  • Mar 20, 2003

Is there a part number on that Warn Kit? Even if it is not currently available, it might make it easier to find in the aftermarket.

Metal, I like the smaller design as it reduces overhang. Great craftsmenship! Regardless, I might go with a "non-roller"fairlead as the roller look so huge, but that is personal taste.

Have a great week!

Thanks,
                  Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Metal Twister
                    350 Buick
                    • Oct 20, 2008

Originally posted by j2sax
                    Is there a part number on that Warn Kit? Even if it is not currently available, it might make it easier to find in the aftermarket.
                    The winch isnt a Warn, And its not a kit... ? But good call on the non-roller fairlead. I just threw this one on that came with the winch... I will have to get one of the non rollers and see how it looks.
                    Last edited by Metal Twister; 10-26-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• j2sax
                      350 Buick
                      • Mar 20, 2003

Sorry for the confusion... I actually meant the Warn Bumper mounting kit mentioned earlier in the thread.

I am going with a poly rope on my winch as I do not hard mount it but have it on a receiver mount. That way I can use it on the fornt, back or even put on someone else's rig with a receiver when I need help! Only thing is with the metal line it weighs like 80 pounds! I can move it around, but losing about 20 pounds would be nice (of course, I could personally stand to lose about 80, but that's another subject!)

Have a great weekend,

Jesse
                      Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Metal Twister
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 20, 2008

I took some old KC light housings that looked pretty rough and had them powder coated the same as the bumper. I then put the Hid conversion kit inside the housing and mounded it. Exceptional lighting with the ole school look. All the lights work wonderfully. It literally lights up the desert. I'm totally happy with how everything has ended up with this bumper. Now on to the back!

Thanks guys for all the kind words and help with this bumper. Its fairly easy to build with a few good tools and a little patients. If you would like to use the design to build one for yourself feel free! If I'm around and can answer any questions for ya I will be more than happy to walk ya through it.

ALL DONE!
                        Last edited by Metal Twister; 01-29-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• 86gwrhino
                          327 Rambler
                          • Sep 28, 2010

Wow that looks good
                          '86 Grand Wagoneer
                          Chevy 350 TBI
                          Rhino grill
                          rusty's 4in all spring lift

'67 (i think) M715 all stock w/pto

Comment

• HD_JEEP
                            350 Buick
                            • Oct 28, 2008

Clean look

Finally finished mounting and hooking up the winch today. Its only an 8k winch but it should be fine for anything I will need. I didnt want the control box out where it could get smacked so l stuffed it behind the grill panel.

Now that's a clean install... tooooooo cool
                            91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
                            DeWooded
                            6 inch Hellcreek lift.
                            Rhino Grill
                            BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
                            Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
                            Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
                            ##########
                            '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

• Eaglefreek
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 19, 2010

How do you like the lights that are mounted in the bumpers? Are they driving or fogs? I didn't see any mention of brand. I recently built a winch bumper for my Eagle and want to incorporate some fogs in the bumper.

86 AMC Eagle 258/4.0 head
                              87 AMC Eagle 5.3L, 4L60E, Explorer 8.8, Dana 44 on 35's

Comment

• Metal Twister
                                350 Buick
                                • Oct 20, 2008

The little oval guys are just driving lights. They are Walmart $20.00 a pair and work just fine Because of the front angle of the bumper it shines the light forward and out along the edge and center of the road. I use them a lot and really like them. I think they sell a yellow lens with the same shape but not sure. Not much in the line of fog here in So Cal so I cant speak of first hand experience with that.

Some say the little lights are junk but Ive had them for sometime now and like them just fine. I was more interested in a cheap replacement so when I gouge these out on the rocks. I give them a 10 out of 10 for effective and cost, Exactly what I wanted.
                                Last edited by Metal Twister; 01-29-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X