View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 11:43 AM
304 AMC

Freshly machined and cleaned and ready to go.

No one makes a kit for main studs for this engine. Trial and error on fitting some ARP studs.

Final set of studs

Caps all torqued into place to measure bearing clearances. Everything done with mics. We massaged each bearing shell so that clearances were in the middle of the spec on every journal.

Rods were treated same as the mains.

Checking crank end play. Happy with 0.004.

Measuring deck height so I can order proper thickness head gaskets.

Oil galley in the pump and main cap were horrible with sharp edges and casting flash. So I spent a few minutes cleaning it up and radius-ing the bends,

This is why it all gets mocked up and inspected. The additional height of the nut on the stud was contacting the oil pump, so some clearancing was needed.

Spare block mocked up in the chassis. I *hated* the Advance Adapters mounts for multiple reasons (one being interference with steering shaft) so I'm going to fab up some new mounts with a crossmember.
-Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association