X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLiP
    232 I6
    • Sep 24, 2006

Ok the front is W/T d44 axle is DEFIANTLY heavy took myself and another guy to load it up in the back of my stepdads truck and I am a pretty strong guy I can pick the rear W/T d44 up by myself from off the ground pretty easily if I am warmed up cant go much higher than chest height though. The front one I can barely drag around on the ground and my back will be killing me afterwards. I would say the front is about 400lbs maybe slightly more And the rear is maybe 200lbs maybe slightly more. Oh and who cares if will drive around on 38 inch tires I wanna see it able to wheel around on 38s without breaking
    81 Cherokee W/T T18 D20
    http://www.myspace.com/blipondarader
    Shallow Pockets Racing Team
    That Blowed up Real Good

Comment

There is no freakin way a front D44 weighs 500#. My rear mog 404 weighs 500# and lemme tell ya the D44 is nowhere even close. I would guess 350-400 tops. I'm not a huge guy and I can move the danas around without too much hassle.

aa
      1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• Mikel
        • Aug 09, 2000

I once lifted a Dana 70 housing all by myself. Now, excuse me while I go to the chiropractor...
        1969 M715 6x6
        1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• Dmntxn77
          Hey watch this...
          • Nov 19, 2004

I have loaded a rear D60 on a trailer by my self.. It wasnt that bad either. It was a bit harder than the D44 though.

Now on the otherhand.. I loaded a front HD44 on the trailer at the same time. I am surprised that I have been able to make babies after that one... I dont remember the exact differences besides the 8 lugs and thicker tubes, but that thing was HEAVY...

Comment

i've never lifted a complete 44 before, just a wt front with no knuckles and shafts so it was pretty light with only the housing and gearset. but the wt 44 rear is not comfortable to lift by ones self when its complete drum to drum.

i just bought a corporate 14b full floater, while trying to load it into the back of the truck (with 31" load E rollers!) with help from my bud he said it weighs 750lbs... i believe it! it took two of us to load it, thank goodness joe is a big guy. i didn't unload it, but it took 3 regular sized people to unload it from the truck. pansies.

Al
            79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
            99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
            07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• toyotajeep
              350 Buick
              • Oct 29, 2003

I have always ran 38's on my wheelers and had very few breakage issues. However, I rarely do rocks, just slick stuff and snow mainly. Not caveman snow 4x4ing either. Air way, way down and go on top.

That is how I have avoided breakage. I will say that all the breakage that I have experienced was on the rocks, with the stupid pedal.

A 44 is almost overkill for my application.

I'm still doing some thinking. Springs are of the most concern right now.

Thanks, ROB

Comment

Working...
              X