• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbabicky
    258 I6
    • Dec 31, 2011

Z&M Jeeps

I ordered a lift kit from Hell Creek and the kit came with extended braided brake lines that are made by Z&M Jeeps. Well the Banjo fittings and the bolts were too small for my 75 J-10. I contacted Hell Creek, he said to contact Z&M, since they(Hell Creek), have no control over the lines and fitttings. I went all over Heck and half of Georgia around here to find banjo bolts and fittings, no-one has them. I guess what I'm trying to do is get ahold of Z&M and see if they can make this right. My front brakelines are useless without the correct fitting and the stock lines are way maxxed out even though I replaced them with new stock ones due to the condition of the old ones.
    1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,
    1998 Wrangler,TJ,4.0L,5spd
    2000 Chevy K3500,454 Auto
    2009 GMC Canyon,3.7,Auto, 2.5" lift/leveling kit
    all with a looney DAV behind the wheel.
    "Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"
  • mathman
    350 Buick
    • Sep 12, 2007

They do have a website with a customer service page:

David
    '78 J-10; '78 J-20 8400GVW
    '79 Cherokee
    '50 Willys (not Willy's) 4WD Pickup

Comment

• dbabicky
      258 I6
      • Dec 31, 2011

Thanks !
      1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

• dbabicky
        258 I6
        • Dec 31, 2011

Went to their website, registered, and still no way to contact them by e-mail. Have to wait till Monday and call them.
        1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

• mathman
          350 Buick
          • Sep 12, 2007

If you went to the page I listed above you would have seen:

Z&M Jeeps Ltd.'s customer service goal is simple: We are committed to providing our customers total satisfaction. Every time. Guaranteed. Contact us at [email protected] or call 419.893.4533 anytime.
          Sure looks like an e-mail address in there....
          David
          '79 Cherokee

Comment

• dbabicky
            258 I6
            • Dec 31, 2011

For some reason when I used your link in your 1st post, it wouldn't work.
            1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

• dbabicky
              258 I6
              • Dec 31, 2011

Well, I've waited and waited and have no respect or time left to waste on Z&M Jeeps. They finally responded then I asked them to get back with me on what I needed to do, how much total for both sides and where to send payment. They've obviously blown me off. I guess one customer, who is willing to pay for a mistake in THEIR packaging,just to get the right **** for my Jeep isn't worth the time of day. I'll be sure to spread the word. You'd think they'ed make it right, but, hey. I've owned my own buisness for years, this is not the way you treat customers. Word of mouth is either a good thing, or a real BAD thing.

Updated by WILL E. Do not skirt the language filter again.
              Last edited by will e; 05-31-2012, 07:03 AM.
              1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

• jeepfan93
                304 AMC
                • Feb 07, 2006

Slow down killer. Zach is good people. Small outfit over there so don;t expect a bank of reps answering the phones. Just keep calling till they answer. This isn't the place to air out your issue. I understand you want it fixed NOW, but the rest of the world doesn't move at your pace. Have a little patience, he will work it out. The rest of us here have been dealing with Z&M for a long time with good results.
                But now I need to ask, do you still have the factory brakes in front, or did you upgrade at some point?
                That being said, take it over to the vendor section
                Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
                >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
                87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
                1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• p@55w0rd
                  232 I6
                  • Mar 09, 2010

Bought stuff from Zach over the years and never had an issue. He is always been responsive, especially for being a one man shop!
                  Project: 1979 Wagoneer 360, Turbo 400, Q-Track, and Dana 44's
                  Lovingly refereed to as the "The Wagon"...
                  Daily Driver: 2008 Jeep Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7L, Q-Trac II
                  http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll58/jeepxk/DSC08388.jpg

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

I really like dealing with him. Hate his web page.. It's hard to find stuff on there. (my two cents)

I have his radiator and HEI system. Both work GREAT.
                    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• dbabicky
                      258 I6
                      • Dec 31, 2011

Originally posted by jeepfan93
                      Slow down killer. Zach is good people. Small outfit over there so don;t expect a bank of reps answering the phones. Just keep calling till they answer. This isn't the place to air out your issue. I understand you want it fixed NOW, but the rest of the world doesn't move at your pace. Have a little patience, he will work it out. The rest of us here have been dealing with Z&M for a long time with good results.
                      But now I need to ask, do you still have the factory brakes in front, or did you upgrade at some point?
                      That being said, take it over to the vendor section
                      Nope, stock brakes. Been waiting over 1 1/2 to 2 months. I think that is more than enough time. And no, I don't expect it fixed "NOW" but in a reasonalble matter of time.
                      So is this just the place to put out good comments about vendor's and not the bad? I've owned my own buisness for years, so I know how to treat customers, and I know what is right and what is wrong. If you can't support your customer base, you've put yourself in this position.
                      1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

This isn't their main source of income. I lay you odds your calipers were changed or you caught the split year deal (went through that with mine too) There were 2 sizes. If your bolts are too small, then you have J20 or later J10 calipers on it.
                        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• dbabicky
                          258 I6
                          • Dec 31, 2011

Yes, the bolts,copper washer's and banjo fittings were too small. I ordered new calipers, the new calipers I ordered had the same size banjo bolt that my old calipers had. It's just that the extended brakelines that were supplied through the kit that Z&M made had too small of banjo bolts,copper washers and banjo fittings. I tried to find them locally, but no one had them. I live in quite a rural area.
                          I contacted Z&M and after a week or so he got back with me on the price of the Item, but did not clarify if it was for both sides or one side. I contacted him back and asked where to send the money, what was the total for both sides,ect.ect. I have yet to hear back from him and it's been over 1 1/2-2 months now.
                          That is why I am a little PO'ed ove rthe matter.
                          1975 J-10,360,TH400,QT,

Comment

• J20 project
                            304 AMC
                            • Dec 27, 2000

This isn't the place to air out your issue. I understand you want it fixed NOW, but the rest of the world doesn't move at your pace. Have a little patience, he will work it out. The rest of us here have been dealing with Z&M for a long time with good results.
                            Wow, I could not disagree more w/ this statement.
                            The title of this forum page is:
                            "Customer Corner, Vendor product discussions"

It is not:
                            "Customer Corner, Vendor product discussions"--unless I disagree w/ you and I'm a friend of the vendor.....

I'm sorry guys, part of their "product" IS their customer service. It's amazing how fast they start contacting and attempting to make something right after it it aired here.

This is just like every time someone has a problem w/ BJ's, there are forty of you guys lined up to beat the guy up for discussing them...

Moderators,
                            I say we dump this particular discussion bullet. The friends of the vendors here apparently do not want this forum mechanism.

J20 project
                            BP Drivetrain...........

Driveshafts for all Jeeps, Constant velocity rebuilds, Replacement, Repair
                            775-537-7918

https://www.facebook.com/BPShafts/

Putting this back up. "Someone is gonna have to crawl under the rig"

Comment

• mathman
                              350 Buick
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by J20 project
                              Wow, I could not disagree more w/ this statement.
                              The title of this forum page is:
                              "Customer Corner, Vendor product discussions"
                              Hmmm, if I recollect correctly, this thread was not originally posted in the vendor section...
                              David
                              '79 Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X