• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bkilby
    350 Buick
    • Jan 10, 2016

Classic Warn Winch Bumper

WTB old school Warn 3 piece bolt together winch bumper. I need FSJ frame brackets too. Could also use a 1 piece bumper but still need the frame brackets. Don't care if it's painted or chrome. This style.

Last edited by bkilby; 02-16-2020, 08:55 AM.
    1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!
  • bkilby
    350 Buick
    • Jan 10, 2016

Nobody? I'm gonna have to shop the FSJ junk yards across the nation it seems. Lol.

Comment

• Banchee
      232 I6
      • Mar 20, 2009

The only thing I can help with is a pair of the top steel plates that bolt to the top of the bumper and go to the grill, and possibly a new non-roller fairlead.

It's been a long time since I have looked at them, but they are either brand new or in excellent condition and have always been stored inside.

If you are interested I'll dig them out the next time I go to my shop.
      91 XJ Cherokee Limited
      99 Dodge Ram V10 4X4 (This thing will pull a house, but won't pass a gas station)
      2010 Grand Cherokee (Hemi)
      2014 Dodge Avenger SRT6 Blacktop

Comment

• bkilby
        350 Buick
        • Jan 10, 2016

I appreciate that Banchee but I don't know if those plates will help right now. I'm really needing the frame brackets. The original bumper would be a great help too. Like, the whole thing. I need to match the parts up to a CAD drawing.

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

You may try reaching out to Tad...iirc he was making/selling beefy bumper brackets.

On the 77 I had way back when(with a factory warn setup) the stock brackets were pretty wimpy.
          Tagged a full size chevy van one winter ~15MPH and the whole driver side corner of bumper just caved into the fender.
          We were able to pull it back out using a chain & tree.

Metal Twister built a very nice bumper as well...might try him as well?
          Some of you might remember when I started this thing. I had a long thread on it with all the build pics. Then I got this great idea to make albums on photobucket. Lost all the pics and learned a big lesson that day. :mad: Anyway heres a very quick up date on the bumper build. I wanted to get away from the prerunner tube
          Last edited by babywag; 02-14-2020, 07:31 AM.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• bkilby
            350 Buick
            • Jan 10, 2016

Thanks Tony but I'm looking for the Warn bumper specifically.

Comment

• mwood65
              258 I6
              • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by bkilby
              WTB old school Warn 3 piece bolt together winch bumper. I need FSJ frame brackets too. Could also use a 1 piece bumper but still need the frame brackets. Don't care if it's painted or chrome. This style.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=5E91EDFB

I have one I want to take off and use my 3 piece I have on there. Mine looks just like your pictures except someone bolted a brush guard on the center of it. It don't look quite that rough now thanks to a little sanding & black spray paint.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                350 Buick
                • Aug 19, 2003

Being ex military. that bumper sticker cracks me up. So true.

Comment

• bkilby
                  350 Buick
                  • Jan 10, 2016

Originally posted by mwood65
                  I have one I want to take off and use my 3 piece I have on there.

Got any more pics mwood? You can PM if you prefer. Or I can send you my email or phone for text...

Comment

• bkilby
                    350 Buick
                    • Jan 10, 2016

I guess I should explain a bit more of why I'm looking for this bumper. I wasn't going to say anything yet but....

I have the drawings from Warn for this 3 piece bolt together bumper. They aren't CAD drawings but I am in the process of converting the files to CAD. But as you can see from the pics in the first post, Warn made slight changes over the years. For example, the Jeep and one Chevy uses a single bolt in the front to bolt the end pieces to the main unit. One Chevy uses 3 bolts. These drawings have the single bolt version but yet the bumper Jeep sold was the 3 bolt version.

Also, Warn couldn't find the drawings for the brackets to bolt this bumper to a FSJ. Being that I can't just whip up CAD drawings off pictures from a computer, I need the brackets to create the drawings. No drawings, no brackets. No brackets, no bumper. Make sense?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, this is for a possible production run of this old style bumper. Can't tell if a production runs is doable until I get farther along on the CAD drawings etc. So, look-a-like bumpers won't work. The bumper I'm looking for has to be a genuine Warn bumper with the frame brackets.
                    Last edited by bkilby; 02-17-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 09, 2009

Well you know I'd be down for at least one, maybe two.
                      (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• mwood65
                        258 I6
                        • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by 78 WIDETRAC
                        Being ex military. that bumper sticker cracks me up. So true.

I'm not as good as I once was.................

....................................but I'm as good once as I ever was

Comment

• wylder
                          232 I6
                          • Jan 01, 2015

Hey bkilby, we talked offline about a year ago. finally found a factory one piece bumper for our ‘82 J10, so now we’re ready to sell the Warn bumper it came with. There’s some slight damage to the pass side where the PO cut out a bolt or something, but the brackets look good. I thought I’d let you know before posting it for sale separately. I’m asking $300, buyer pays shipping.

Photos here:

Comment

• bkilby
                            350 Buick
                            • Jan 10, 2016

Sounds good wylder! I'll get in touch with you about the details.

Comment

• bkilby
                              350 Buick
                              • Jan 10, 2016

I still had your email wylder so I sent you a message.

Comment

Working...
                              X