X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heimeken
    304 AMC
    • Nov 29, 2000

shazaam! that is awesome Derek. Can't wait.
    '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
    401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
    One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
    J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• Tigger4X
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Nov 16, 2001

I can't believe it all happened so fast! And it looks even better in person. Of course it only gets better once the NP205 gets installed.

Hopefully I can get my Franken-Beast together before the heat sets in. But I vow that it will breathe fire by this time next year because I'm not missing another season AND I wanna go to the Easter Jeep Safari.

But for now I'm completely content going as a passenger on these trail runs. I haven't been wheeling or camping in 7 almost 8 years so I am full awn jonesing. With any luck we will see some of the flowing water the Tucson guys are talking about.

Originally posted by will e
      Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
      Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• will e
        Always Broke
        • Nov 16, 2001

If the board goes down again email me at
        [email protected] to get updates.

I think we are going to move the meet time to 9:30. This will give the group time to get to a good camp spot without rushing through the day.
        82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• viscacha
          350 Buick
          • Dec 11, 2002

As it turns out the 25th is looking like a pretty good date to go wheeling in the Rincon mtns. This area has an incredible watershed. With the last snow melt and this weekend?s snow there will be water in the creek, maybe even flowing. There will be some water coming over the falls as well. There will be a minefield to test your nerves, oh yea.

It?s a good thing we are not going this weekend. The loop and the minefield would prolly be a class 4.5 considering the forecast. The trip to chivo would be interesting, too.

Now who?s going???
          steve

?86 J20
          SOA, Dana 60's, F/R Lockers
          Full High Steer, Ram Assist
          Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• Tigger4X
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Nov 16, 2001

I'm still in BUT now don't have a seat to sit in. lol

Anybody from the East Valley looking to fill a spot?

Comment

• Tigger4X
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by Tigger4X:
              I'm still in BUT now don't have a seat to sit in. lol

Anybody from the East Valley looking to fill a spot?
              ~

ANYBODY?

Pah-leeeeaasse

Comment

• 78 Arizona Chief
                327 Rambler
                • Jan 06, 2004

Everyone,
                Glad to see the board is back up!
                Nick, his girlfriend, and his friend are coming out. I've got the '88Gwag running pretty good so he is bringing that. Kristen and I are coming down in my Chief, last trip then the new motor goes in. Should be fun. Steve, if you could bring those extra main leafs, that would be great. The stock springs on the '88 look a little funny with the spring over and well... you never know. Looks like it is going to be a warm nice weekend.

How are we handling the cooking? Is someone bringing a grill or something to cook on? I have paper goods if that helps? I can also bring pots and pans. What about firewood?

Mike, do you want to caravan down with the other east valley folks? Where do you want to meet?

Kevin.
                \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• viscacha
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 11, 2002

I?m not bringing the big stove but am bringing a coleman two burner for coffee and breakfast that will be available for all to use. I?m bringing a very large open-fire grille for everyone to use for broiling. Mike usually brings a propane broiler. Some firewood would be great but not necessary.
                  steve

?86 J20
                  Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• viscacha
                    350 Buick
                    • Dec 11, 2002

The forecast for this weekend in the Rincon mtns is temps warming above normal. Sunny, high 77°, low 41°. We will be around 4000?el. It should be very nice camping.

I looked at some pics of the loop on Sunday in another forum. I wish I had gone up there for a pre-run like I had planned. I?m glad we didn?t end up doing the trail ride in those conditions, though. It looks cold. LOL.

Tigger, I hope you can get a ride.

steve

?86 J20
                    Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• will e
                      Always Broke
                      • Nov 16, 2001

Looks like we have 11 people confirmed and a couple of folks still looking for rides. (Steve, I have you down for 1 but I think you said you might be having some other folks join??)

I will be bringing a stove (2 burner) and propane grill. Everyone is welcome to use them.
                      Probably be a cook your own dinner type deal. However, if anyone has a special item they would like to share (beans, chile or whatever) please bring it along!

We might consider doing a big group breakfast. Might make more sense. Eggs, Bacon/sausage, toast, that sort of thing. I can't cook eggs benedict for 11. (LOL) Plus it just takes too long.

I am going to bring some stuff for cheese crisps (out on the trail and as a dinner appitizer), some of those asia ribs (snack on the trail/dinner appitizer) for everyone to share in. Won't be enough for a meal for everyone but plenty for snacking! I will also bring some of the 'Los Dos Molinos' salsa to kick things up a notch.

The East Valley gang can caravan out. Kevin, can we meet at your house or, depending on the size, maybe at the walgreens down the street? If we have to be in Tucson at 9:30 and ready to go, then we should probably meet around 7 or 7:30. This will give us time to BS, check stuff, gas up, etc.

[ March 21, 2006, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: will e ]
                      82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• 78 Arizona Chief
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 06, 2004

Will'e,
                        Meeting at my house is just fine. If anyone needs directions, just email me. Go ahead and plan on meeting at my house between 7 and 7:30 Sat morning.
                        IF I could borrow someone's stove to heat up some beans that would be great. I will bring down some fire wood too. It does sound like the 'cook your own food' thing will work out the best. It could be hard to coordinate everything with this many people and who knows, the board could go down again.
                        Looking forward to it. Tigger, I would give you a ride but I am not bringing my back seat and the two fronts are spoken for. Sorry. Mike, do you have room for a passenger?
                        Kevin.
                        Steve, are you able to bring along the extra main leafs? Thanks if you can.
                        \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• will e
                          Always Broke
                          • Nov 16, 2001

Yeah, your right about the coordinate thing, especially if the board goes down. You can use my stove no problem. I get some of the beans though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My passenger seat is spoken for. I called Tom and Jerry to see if they were going/had a spare seat but neither are going. (Jerry is a maybe and Tom is a for sure not).

What about the Tucson folks? Maybe Keith could drive his van down to Tucson and park it somewhere?

So we will meet at your place (Kevin's) between 7 and 7:30
                          If the board goes down folks can call me to get the address and directions.

[ March 21, 2006, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: will e ]

Comment

• amc79j10
                            232 I6
                            • Apr 24, 2005

Sorry for the late sign up my computer went down and am just now getting it up again.

Flying Lady and myself are good for a one day trip.
                            see you saturday.

Mike A and Flying Lady
                            Mike A and Flying Lady

Its a Full Size Thing you wouldn't understand.
                            79 j-10: 360 th400 dana 44 w/lockrights rear. 4.27 gears, Rino grill 6" KC's in 5 3/4 buckets, custome rings for both 7 and 5 3/4 lights, custom front bumper with warn classic winch, 1" extended shackles front, 6" lift kit, 35 12.5 15 tires, edlebrock intank and 4bl carb.

Comment

• will e
                              Always Broke
                              • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by amc79j10:
                              Sorry for the late sign up my computer went down and am just now getting it up again.

Flying Lady and myself are good for a one day trip.
                              see you saturday.

Mike A and Flying Lady
                              Mike that is excellent news! I put you down for 1 day. Right now I think you are the only 1 day dude.

Do you have an empty seat? A couple of folks indicated they would go for 1 day if the could get a seat.

[ March 22, 2006, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: will e ]

Comment

• Tad
                                • Nov 30, 2001

The weather looks to be great, you folks enjoy.

Mike, I will not need a seat, when it's this nice out I'll be in NM.
                                2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                                EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                                Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Working...
                                X