• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stew4706
    232 I6
    • Jan 17, 2016

Pics

Hi All,

Let the berating begin, I am struggling with posting pics. I have read through every forum and the FAQs, tried 3 different hosting sites and I get one of two outcomes. The least occurring is this site says that the link is not valid. The most prevelalent is the file is too big.

I have reduced the file size to the 6.8kb and it still comes back with the file is 3.0kb too large. Thoughts or suggestions? The only other variable is I am attempting to post from my iPad.

Thanks!
  • FSJunkie
    The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
    • Jan 09, 2011

I don't think anybody really knows. Photobucket used to work until Photobucket turned into complete a-holes.
    '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• Crankyolman
      350 Buick
      • Sep 27, 2017

First I need to say I don't use Apple products so take this for what it's worth.

I begin by resizing pictures to no more than 700 x 700 pixels. I don't believe that is strictly necessary but it is on some other sites I use and it seems to be a good size. I don't pay attention to KB but it looks like the largest one I've posted is about 125kb. I then use this site for hosting https://cubeupload.com/
      I then use that "insert image" icon that looks like a post card, copy and paste the link to the picture and it seems to work quite well for me.
      '72 J4500

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
        350 Buick
        • Feb 15, 2010

seems like a lot of b.s. to go through to post a pic? wish it was easy and quick like other sites.

Comment

• Crankyolman
          350 Buick
          • Sep 27, 2017

Originally posted by wiley-moeracing
          seems like a lot of b.s. to go through to post a pic? wish it was easy and quick like other sites.
          If you are talking about what I wrote, I agree that it is a little bit of BS but that's what you go through when a website doesn't host pics. I personally much prefer to post straight to the website but in truth on other sites where I post pics it's pretty standard to resize them and the only additional step is the 3rd party host. It really is pretty simple.
          '72 J4500

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by Stew4706
            Hi All,

Let the berating begin, I am struggling with posting pics. I have read through every forum and the FAQs, tried 3 different hosting sites and I get one of two outcomes. The least occurring is this site says that the link is not valid. The most prevelalent is the file is too big.

I have reduced the file size to the 6.8kb and it still comes back with the file is 3.0kb too large. Thoughts or suggestions? The only other variable is I am attempting to post from my iPad.

Thanks!
            This site will not allow hosting pics or uploading pics.
            You must host images on 3rd party site, get link, and use ?[IMG]link to pic[/IMG]? when posting.
            Tony
            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• ZackN920
              350 Buick
              • Nov 18, 2015

I never liked posting straight to a website. Always got terrible results. Either too small (cause file size is still big) or comes out blurry (file size to small).

This stuff is EASY guy's. Come on! Is this why we don't have more pic's?

OK, I use flickr now. Been using it for awhile and got a good amount of photo's on it.

Just upload the pic to the host site. After that find the share button on the website. Click it, should open a menu. Find an option for the "BBCode". Make sure that's selected. (that's the code that works best on the web forums)
              Then (at least on flickr) click the size you want. I clicked 800X601. It should give you a funky looking link. Right click it, copy, then paste to the site.

It will apear in text like this :[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/846/41356761260_a333212b2e_c.jpg[/i1g]Emerson NORTHWIND 450& 1914 Westinghouse by Zack N., on Flickr
              Now, i perposly fudged up a [img] in that so it wont show the pic and just the link.
              If you let it post all of that, others can click the picture and be led to your flickr account (and check out other "free/open" pics that you have).

So, in order to prevent or just clean it up some, I delete everything before the [img] in the link and everything after the [/img] in the link. The photo now wont have your name on it, and wont be easily clickable to lead back to flickr.
              Should look like this now: [img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/846/41356761260_a333212b2e_c.jpg[/i1g]

(that one, i also messed with the [/img] so the pic wont show, but the link will)

Heres how it looks now without any fudging with the link and exactly what i expained above.

Give it a try yourself sometime.
              1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
              Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
              ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• Fasts79Chief
                232 I6
                • May 09, 2018

What's the BBCode?
                1979 Cherokee Chief S
                Saxon Yellow
                360, TH400, Edelbrock everything, 33 x 10.50 x 15
                Loaded
                Will let you know when I know what else it has. lol

Comment

• ZackN920
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 18, 2015

when you go to post a photo from a third party site, you usually have the options for different codes. For all the different sites you may share photo's on.
                  Example, on flickr it give me options :Share(for facebook or other social media) I never use that.
                  Then there is Embed. Im not sure what that one's for, Ive never used it.
                  Then there is an option for Email, which apparently uses a different code and finally the BBCode for web forums.

I'm not a pro at this so I cant explain it very well(at least more than I have). I've just learn to use it and deal with it.

Comment

• Stew4706
                    232 I6
                    • Jan 17, 2016

I am an idiot! I have been using the manage attachements thing not just pasting in here!

Comment

• cu4whln
                      304 AMC
                      • May 16, 2008

Stew ... I see you are in Detroit.. You need to bring that thing out to Jeep club... PM me with contact info and I will fill you in... Jim
                      It's not yours 'til ya bleed on it . . . https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...s/rolleyes.png

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
                      1979 Chero: "Madness" [Sold]
                      1972 J4000
                      1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
                      2005 Unlimited Rubicon - Built
                      2012 Artic JK 4 door, 2016 JK 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

Round 2- LT Swap: 'Da Chief:
                      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=188457

"Madness" build here:
                      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280

Comment

• ZackN920
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 18, 2015

Nice Jeep Stew. That thing looks SLICK.

I see its got the alt turn signals on the fenders. Early 70's model?

Comment

• Stew4706
                          232 I6
                          • Jan 17, 2016

Originally posted by ZackN920
                          Nice Jeep Stew. That thing looks SLICK.

I see its got the alt turn signals on the fenders. Early 70's model?
                          Yep, 1973.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                            Administrator
                            • Oct 31, 2016

Me likie your rig! Muy fiesta!
                            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                            (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                            (Cherokee Build Thread)
                            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                            X