X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Toro J10
    232 I6
    • Nov 14, 2009

This is a great thread here. Kudos to all those who shared the fruits of their labors.

I am planning on reattaching a variety of vacuum hoses that the PO removed. In the process I plan on replacing the vacuum canister. One question: Where does the hose marked fuel tank attach to on the other end? I can't figure out where it would attach to my fuel tank or a return line on my truck. Any ideas?
    --------------------------------------------------
    1982 Jeep J10 - 360 5.9L V8 - Automatic Transmission, MC2150 Carb, MDS TFI Upgrade, CS144
    Decatur, Georgia
    "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

• rustynuts
      232 I6
      • Apr 16, 2009

my 83 gas vent line attaches to an outlet at the top of the tank via a rubber line...then to a steel line that runs along the pass side to the front. So you have to drop the tank to see it
      83 j10
      78 cherokee S
      57 pontiac gasser
      46 chevy 1 ton
      34 Plymouth 5W coupe

Comment

• srobertsfsj
        304 AMC
        • Aug 26, 2002

Originally posted by El Toro J10
        This is a great thread here. Kudos to all those who shared the fruits of their labors.
        I agree, great info. I plan on doing this soon. Anything to help it run better is worth it!
        Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer Super Chief 360 / TBI / WT conversion / 35x12.5x16 BFG Mud-Terrains (Project Link)
        http://www.cfsja.org / http://www.fsjnetwork.com

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep?s temp going towards that 220F mark, I?m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Comment

• indianafsj
          232 I6
          • Feb 20, 2008

rustynuts, the canister they are talking about should be under the hood on the passenger side, somewhere close to, if not mounted to the fender.

Comment

• shimniok
            360 AMC
            • Jan 08, 2003

FWIW I checked just now and RockAuto is carrying the CP3045 part.

Also I found <<this page>> that lists for 1993 GW:

BWD AUTOMOTIVE - Vapor Canister BWD AUTOMOTIVE - Vapor Canister - Part #: CP1061

-- confirmed on NAPA site that BWD CP1061 maps to NAPA CRB 220052 mentioned earlier in the thread.
            Last edited by shimniok; 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM.
            Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
            1986 Grand Wagoneer "Troubled Child" ? tc.wagoneer.org ? Facebook ? KØFSJ
            Stock 360, TBI, 727 with TransGo, NP208, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MT, WT Axles, Lock Right & ARB, OBA

Comment

Working...
            X