• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shea08
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 30, 2010

1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

We are looking for the vaccum pods for both the transfer case and front axle. We can find pods for '85 - '91, but nothing for a 1984 and they are different. Does anyone know if there is a retrofit kit or have any other suggestions?
    Shea Howard
    North Freedom Repair

Sorry I am a spammer
    Last edited by jeepsr4ever; 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• VSroller
      232 I6
      • Jul 24, 2010

The front axle vacuum motor should be available from rock auto/bjsoffroad/jeep4x4center, I think, it depends on the axle. However the transfer case one is not. At least it was not for my 1983 with a 229. I was able to get mine working again, fortunately the diaphragm was still in good condition.

I did not finish my investigation of the front axle, do to work related things but that one should be findable. There is also a very expensive manual kit for the front axle.
      1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (bone stock)
      IL6 4.2l, AC, auto, and 1 fashion visor
      front axle 40170 model # & looks like a Dana 44 w/ 3.31 gears
      rear axle AMC/JEEP 20
      transfer case 229 AM
      auto tranny 909 I think

Comment

• mpdaddy
        232 I6
        • Nov 22, 2010

Originally posted by VSroller
        The front axle vacuum motor should be available from rock auto/bjsoffroad/jeep4x4center, I think, it depends on the axle. However the transfer case one is not. At least it was not for my 1983 with a 229. I was able to get mine working again, fortunately the diaphragm was still in good condition.

I did not finish my investigation of the front axle, do to work related things but that one should be findable. There is also a very expensive manual kit for the front axle.
        where can one find the manual kit for the front axle
        MPs lead the way

84 GW 360 auto
        97 wrangler inline 4 manual shift
        78 CJ7 360 manual shift

Comment

Working...
        X