• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinnmann31
    350 Buick
    • Apr 16, 2007

Broke my wifes fsjenity

So today I had to bring my oldest son and two of his friends to a summer camp today and I had to take my wifes car so the only way for her to get home was drive the J-10 home seeing that it wasn't going to be till way later after she got off work that I'd be home. It's the first time she ever drove it in the two years I've had it and she drove it like a champ. She said " It made me fell powerful and scared at the same time." Yeah, it does that.
    David V.

'81 J-10 Laredo AMC 304 v8 727 tf trans
    np 208 t-case 33" mud kings

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Every man has a 6 pack, just some of us chose to carry it in one container.

Originally posted by tinnmann31
    " It made me fell powerful and scared at the same time." Yeah, it does that.
    LOL! Won't be long before she gets over the scared and will just be a Hell Cat behind the wheel!
    Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
    77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
    The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• vintagetrks
      304 AMC
      • May 01, 2009

So today I had to bring my oldest son and two of his friends to a summer camp today and I had to take my wifes car so the only way for her to get home was drive the J-10 home seeing that it wasn't going to be till way later after she got off work that I'd be home. It's the first time she ever drove it in the two years I've had it and she drove it like a champ. She said " It made me fell powerful and scared at the same time." Yeah, it does that.
      Thats so cool glad she liked it. I'm hoping my wife gets bit by the jeep bug and I can get her in a grand waggy. She already likes my waggy.
      New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
      My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
      90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"

Comment

• zmjeeps
        304 AMC
        • Jun 14, 2000

Originally posted by vintagetrks
        Thats so cool glad she liked it. I'm hoping my wife gets bit by the jeep bug and I can get her in a grand waggy. She already likes my waggy.
        That's why you find one that already has her own jeep, no teaching involved. But you do have to be smart enough to hang on to her
        Zack Heisey
        Z&M Jeeps
        419.893.4JEEP (4533)
        www.zmjeeps.com
        [email protected]

Comment

• tinnmann31
          350 Buick
          • Apr 16, 2007

Originally posted by vintagetrks
          She likes the truck but she's been talkin' latley about a wrangler unlimited. Might have to save a few more paychecks for that one
          David V.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Comment

• jaber
            Dragin Az
            • Oct 17, 2003

My wife LOVES her injected GW and her eyes lit up when I brought home the '51 Willys wagon. Mines a keeper....
            Jeff

'43 cj2a
            '51 Willys p/u
            '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
            '68 Panel Delivery
            '74 CJ5
            '75 J-20 Wrecker
            '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
            '77 J-10 p/u
            '79 Cherokee
            '88 Grand Wagoneer
            '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• mrtazwrench
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 10, 2001

A few years ago my wife's blazer was off getting painted. So she had to use the J20 since it was the only auto trans we had here. Well I went to pick up her truck and my paint guy was at walmart the day she drove the J20, he said good thing those kids were straped down looked like they would have gone through the roof when she hit the speed bump.
              Chad
              "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
              https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
              88Wag
              87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
              83Cherokee WT
              82J20
              Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• brh8
                232 I6
                • Jan 23, 2008

Just the opposite for me, I had to get the new BJ'S fuel Skid Plate/ I told her the gas tank was ready to fall out, she has not driven it since. but hey, I got the new gas tank skid plate install. I have not admitted to her yet, but i too was scared to drive her before the new skid plate was installed...
                91 grand wagoneer - 02 gmc yukon
                01 vw NB SPORT, and 03 vw jetta

Comment

• Kali
                  304 AMC
                  • Mar 29, 2005

all the girls that drive my j-10 absolutely love it. "powerful but scared" is a pretty accurate description i think
                  1982 J-10 Pioneer

Check out my YouTube Channel !!
                  Check out my Instagram !!

2018 Grand Cherokee Upland

"The J-series Jeep pickups are simultaneously the ugliest and the most beautiful trucks ever made."

Comment

• Danbert
                    327 Rambler
                    • May 23, 2006

My wife is itching for me to get mine back on the road so she can drive it.
                    '83 Wagoneer LTD.
                    Vacuum elimated Dana front axle
                    Building stereo, window tint, roof rack, light bar, and other projects currently underway

Comment

• tinnmann31
                      350 Buick
                      • Apr 16, 2007

Probably the best thing of all is that I had already been chomping at the bit to do some improvements in the 4k-5k range. That night when we were talking about it she said from driving it she now sees that it won't be a waste of money. Her quote was this, " If you spend that to buy another truck or use it to fix this one it is still going to get spent and since you already own this one..." In my opinion theres only one way to take that
                      David V.

Comment

• DerekTJeep
                        Turbocharged Quandary
                        • Mar 28, 2003

My girlfriend does like my FSJ. I have to work on getting her to drive it.
                        1999 Chevy Express 3500 cargo van

1997 Mercury Mountaineer

AIM: derektjeep

[email protected]

224 805 0773 text message is the king!!!

Find me on facebook under Derek Troy

Comment

• Carleysjeep
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 06, 2009

Probably the best thing of all is that I had already been chomping at the bit to do some improvements in the 4k-5k range. That night when we were talking about it she said from driving it she now sees that it won't be a waste of money. Her quote was this, " If you spend that to buy another truck or use it to fix this one it is still going to get spent and since you already own this one..." In my opinion theres only one way to take that
                          You gotta love it when a plan comes together!
                          Dan Rowe

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                          I don't think an apology is needed. Most of us are pretty opinionated even when we are wrong.
                          84 Wagoneer 4" lift 32x11.5
                          77 J 20 Chevy 350 35x12.5
                          89 Cherokee 3" lift 31x10.5

Comment

Working...
                          X