X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Everything is likely drop shipped anyway.
    fitech sets the eta not the person you ordered it from.
    there are quiet pumps easily capable of getting the job done.
    The $30 pump mounted on the frame rail of my '90 can barely be heard.

If you're dead set on the $600 command center pick up the phone and call some places, maybe someone has one in stock?

Or call Novak and buy their $250 in tank pump?
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• ShagWagon
      350 Buick
      • Apr 10, 2016

Took a few days to calm down and think.....

Decided to try to get a temporary fuel pump to get this thing going till I get the FCC sometime after December, then install that.

So yesterday I went to the local auto part stores to see if they had a decent pump to get my by. Explained I had an 87 amc 360 and it had a return line to the gas tank and needed a pump that would work.

One tried to sell me a 3-6lb pressure pump.

One told me he could do nothing without pump stats. I asked him what stats he needed he said gph. I said FitechFitech inline pump does 255lph and I needed one that has 58+lbs of pressure minimum. He said he could order a Fitech one. I left.

The other just rolled his eyes at me and said " that's what you get for using aftermarket parts". I left.

So I need to order a pump but not sure what to get. And I'm not sure what to do with the return line and my mechanical pump because with the FCC it works with the mechanical pump.

Can I get some advice there? The Fitech kit says you need to run a return fuel line or block off the return line from the TB. I have a return line but do I need a pump that supports that? Fitech says it has a fuel pressure regulator... Does that mean I just get any fuel pump over 60lbs and not worry?

Thanks
      87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
        350 Buick
        • Feb 15, 2010

so get on summits or jegs website and order the correct one and you should get it in a couple of days rather going through a local parts store.

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

lph also isn't whole story.
          How much do you want to spend and do you want to run a return line or not?

A generic e2000 pump can easily feed your engine.
          You can just buy a corvette style filter with built in regulator if you don't want to run a return line.
          Toss in some hose and fittings, install it, and done.
          Tony

Comment

• malcoll
            230 Tornado
            • Sep 07, 2014

So what ended up happening? I just ordered the 400HP version from Summit on Christmas night, it shipped today... I expect to have it in a couple days and I need to set up my fuel delivery.

I already have the Edelbrock performer intake, I want to use my supply and return lines for my 1990 GW.... I intend to get an in tank pump (build pump set up that Babywag built) and run power back to it...but having a challenge finding the right pump for what I want to do.....

Babywag...can you share details on pump you used in your tank?

Shagwag.... can you share update on your FITech install?

Anyone else have any comments to share I am ready to listen!

Comment

• ShagWagon
              350 Buick
              • Apr 10, 2016

I'm working on the linkage right now. The pedal cable is too short I'll have to make a new bracket or a longer cable or something. Drill some holes or some chit in my brand new manifold....

Whatever add on thing linkage kit I bought 60001 don't do poop to help anything other than a new return spring.

Yay.

Should be sweet!

I like the baby wag way and would do it but I had some extra money to blow and got the fancy can thing. But a jeep buddy of mine said that it may have some problems at a 75degree angle for extended periods of time and I checked it out with Fitech and their tech agreed that it technically could but you'd have to be on your doors for that to happen.

I'll test that out when I get it going.
              87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• malcoll
                230 Tornado
                • Sep 07, 2014

I've been doing some research... to use an "in tank" pump for FITech, you have to produce 58 psi and flow rate of 255lph.....so I am trying to find a in tank pump that can match specs.

Comment

• yossarian19
                  258 I6
                  • Nov 13, 2016

LS engines take the same fuel pressure as the FiTech - so couldn't you just google for how much horsepower a given pump will support and specify the site "ls1tech.com" ..?
                  Really, any V8 fuel injection pump is going to be just fine. They've all got enough capacity to support 250 or 300 horsepower at the common EFI pressures.

Comment

• babywag
                    out of order
                    • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by malcoll
                    I've been doing some research... to use an "in tank" pump for FITech, you have to produce 58 psi and flow rate of 255lph.....so I am trying to find a in tank pump that can match specs.
                    Pump doesn't set pressure, that is controlled by a regulator.
                    Like already stated there are plenty of pumps that should work.

If this is a stock or mildly modified engine, the 255lph is way overkill.
                    You do not NEED a 255lph fuel pump, but if you want one you're probably good for 400+hp.
                    Tony

Comment

• rws31
                      258 I6
                      • Dec 10, 2016

Originally posted by ShagWagon
                      I'm working on the linkage right now. The pedal cable is too short I'll have to make a new bracket or a longer cable or something. Drill some holes or some chit in my brand new manifold....

Whatever add on thing linkage kit I bought 60001 don't do poop to help anything other than a new return spring.

Yay.

Should be sweet!

I like the baby wag way and would do it but I had some extra money to blow and got the fancy can thing. But a jeep buddy of mine said that it may have some problems at a 75degree angle for extended periods of time and I checked it out with Fitech and their tech agreed that it technically could but you'd have to be on your doors for that to happen.

I'll test that out when I get it going.

If you need a slightly longer throttle cable you can get one for a 6 banger Wag. I had to do that on mine.
                      89 GW, 454, 700R4, 241C, 411's with posi's, 9" rearend, 2500 stall, lifted, and lots more to do.
                      1988 Ramcharger
                      1999 International 4700 Crew Cab 4X4, custom step side bed
                      2003 Durango 4x4
                      1982 CJ7 4 banger
                      2008 MB E320 Bluetec

Comment

• malcoll
                        230 Tornado
                        • Sep 07, 2014

Just take a small piece of metal, cut it down, and drill two holes in it... I bought the GoStreet version from FITech and had the same problem with the throttle cable, just had to make an extension. Took about 10 minutes with angle grinder....... Seems to work well so far... I didn't do the Fuel Command Center, I went with an in-tank Walbro unit. Bought it at Napa, part E2515.....

Comment

• TexasJ10
                          360 AMC
                          • Jan 03, 2002

You can get a universal Walbro pump to meet your needs. Use it either in the tank or external.

Walbro GSL series inline fuel pumps are ideal fuel pump replacements and upgrades for: - Vehicles with faulty inline (external) fuel pumps. - Vehicles with expensive or hard to replace intank fuel pumps. - Vehicles used for racing or performance purposes where higher pressure fuel is necessary.

I think these universal pumps are nearly 2" in diameter though so putting it in the tank may not work. You can use the lookup feature and order one for a gm car or truck if you want it in the tank.
                          * 1981 stepside, 360, 727, 208, almost stock daily driver.
                          * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
                          . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years
                          * 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed

Comment

• ShagWagon
                            350 Buick
                            • Apr 10, 2016

Comment

• ShagWagon
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 10, 2016

Comment

• yossarian19
                                258 I6
                                • Nov 13, 2016

You lose one point for using plumbing parts in your fuel system but you've got a few to spare. Nice install!
                                Can't wait to hear back about driving impressions, etc!

Comment

Working...
                                X