• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Found a cup holder/console that might work for U

I was going to build something, but just could not get motivated to do so. I looked on line and found one I kind of liked. cupholders.com is where I ordered from. It is not built for a Wagoneer but the fit is pretty good. It had some brackets on the under side I had to u-screw, these were to make it fit snug on a much smaller trans tunnel. Not sure why, but the package had a different name on it. This is the PN I bought.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

It sits tight in between my dash and the arm rest/jump seat.
      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

side view.
        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

It came with a chrome knob for that little storage area, but my wife gave me that Jeep logoed knob.
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

The down side, it ain't cheap. I think it was $160.00. The other thing is they said 6 weeks to the door and that is exactly how long it took.
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

These are the pieces I removed from the bottom which made it fit better.
                  1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• inkedmonkey
                    258 I6
                    • Feb 12, 2021

Wow, good looking piece

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                      304 AMC
                      • May 01, 2004

That looks really great! Unfortunately I am not keeping the center seat..
                      One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                      http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                      95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                      50 CJ3A
                      77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

That looks really great! Unfortunately I am not keeping the center seat..
                        Are you making something, or did you find a console from another car. Would love to see what you are doing!
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• oregonphil
                          232 I6
                          • Oct 17, 2020

FSJeeper, that looks really nice in your '78, it matches and fits!
                          I am not that classy. It's usually function over form.
                          I chose to remove the arm rest and found this to put there instead:

It fits there like it was made for it. Cup holder and a cooler. Haven't figured out how to secure it down yet, but the only time it slides around is when I hit the brakes hard. So it's easy to pick up and clean.
                          OregonPhil

77 SJ 401
                          72 Commando 304
                          07 Toyota Sienna
                          76 HD FLH

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

Hey Phil, nice work! What is the material that you used to make the outer part that the cooler fits in.
                            I took a closer look at it, is that a ice chest that is store bought and fits like that and already had the cup holders built into it? if so where did you find it.
                            Last edited by Full Size Jeeper; 08-22-2021, 07:31 AM.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• oregonphil
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 17, 2020

Yes it is, FSJeeper. Igloo made them back in the '70s-'80s I think, and a smaller version. So it's also period correct. My wife bought for me off EBAY.
                              Get the best deals for old igloo car cooler at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Some of those people think they are gold plated! They want as much or more just for the shipping. I think my wife paid about $100 + $20 freight. Still a lot but comparable to to a good new one. If you go looking for one, take close look at the lid hinge on both sides, that is were some are broken. The cup holders are aluminum can diameter and the inside depth is standard can height. I also bought one and put it in our 2007 Sienna.
                              OregonPhil

77 SJ 401
                              72 Commando 304
                              07 Toyota Sienna
                              76 HD FLH

Comment

Working...
                              X