Torque conv, stall-flash,low pull rpm from stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

rebuilding a TC-727 for the GW. seems people ask about rebuilding these a lot. there is nothing to be afraid of in these,pretty simple piece of hardware. this one is getting a TCI Truckmaster kit. pretty much the same as the Pro-Super kit,but without the race type valve body mods,which are not needed in this app. the

some pics before the camera died.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• MReese Wagonner
      230 Tornado
      • Jul 17, 2019

Originally posted by Ristow
      i had a 5600 rpm gov spring in my 727. i loved it.
      SO how does this help

Thanks everyone for the explanations also, great info
      New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
      old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
      http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

Comment

• Ristow
        • Jan 20, 2006

it raises the full throttle shift points,as well as the kickdown shift point. my GW was a lot more fun with mid 5000 shift points over the stock low 4000.
        Originally posted by Hankrod
        Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

I just added the TCI 2000 stall on a Stock AMC360/TF727. I also installed a TF2 shift kit and it doesnt push through at a light. The truck has 3.73 gears with 35" tires. Im reaching stall a 42-45 mph and the transy temps dont go over 150 degrees. However, I havent towed with it yet and that is why I made the transmission upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ristow
            it raises the full throttle shift points,as well as the kickdown shift point. my GW was a lot more fun with mid 5000 shift points over the stock low 4000.
            It shifts much better and solid. Not so “did it shift or not?” At higher RPMs so line pressure locks it solid. There is a hydraulic version of the 727 with overdrive that was only around a couple years. 888? I had the big truck version with an extra planetary gear lower (these were Mopar cases only afaik)
            Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
            X