• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badaboom
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jun 05, 2001

Keep RockN

Glad to here it went to some jeep people.
    Best to yah - keep in touch on site
    1981 Jeep J10 Laredo, 401-V8, 625 Carter, Lunati 262/268, Edelbrock Performer, MSD Ign., Hydroboost, Hyd. Clutch, Flow Cooler WP, Be Cool Aluminum Radiator, Doug Thorley, NV4500 5-Spd, NP-231D, 3.73 F/R Trac-Locs, Rustys 4" Lift, Vintage Red Metallic, Black Interior and 33X10.50X15 BFG, FiTech400 to come - IN PROCESS Bling Bling Cha-Ching

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Originally posted by gas4blood
      You might as well hear it from me first. The wife and I have put the Wagoneer back on the market, again. I know, I know, I swore I would never do this.
      No worry about hate mail here. Googly moogly happens. My brain is a bit molded and spider web infested to even remember all the bikes/cars I vowed to never sell but out of the blind side comes a slap in the face get a grip economic doo doo happens. Ya move on reboot Plan A and hope for the best..
      If you're not dealing with possibly living in a refrigerator box or dumpster diving and you're just bored... fun hobby toys are never a good plan economically. Ya need to decide what various fun ideas cause the least splash back from the toilet bowl while you're pee'ing your money away. Bailing out from one project to jump deeper into an unknown project is right up there with in a fight do not lean with your face. Boredom/loss of interest has it's price. But it's "your" call,do what works for you...screw popular belief.
      Enjoy.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• svining
        350 Buick
        • May 16, 2011

I loved that Waggie...

And the story of it....like "Lassie comes home" From personal experience, the romance of the second time around is not as good as the first time. I'm sure you'll get a new project to get your enthusiasm back.

Originally posted by jpcoutts
        Just because you don't have an FSJ is no reason to become a stranger here! You'll be back, the FSJ bug doesn't simply go away...
        Flashlight
        "I started with nothing, I still got most of it left"
        1982 GW,Stock, No Emissions Equip.
        Mallory HEI, AMC 360, Motorcraft 2150

Comment

• joe
          • Apr 28, 2000

Oh no Lassie! Timmy fell in the well again?
          joe
          "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• HD_JEEP
            350 Buick
            • Oct 28, 2008

Just remember...

Just remember you could always build one stronger faster you have the technology and this great group to always be there.
            91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
            DeWooded
            6 inch Hellcreek lift.
            Rhino Grill
            BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
            Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
            Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
            ##########
            '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

• svining
              350 Buick
              • May 16, 2011

Lassie is Gone again!

More like "Lassie" went home to a new family, cause "Timmy" goes to college. Lassie will never be happy unless she's home on the farm.

Originally posted by joe
              Oh no Lassie! Timmy fell in the well again?
              Flashlight
              "I started with nothing, I still got most of it left"
              1982 GW,Stock, No Emissions Equip.
              Mallory HEI, AMC 360, Motorcraft 2150

Comment

• jamesdart
                258 I6
                • Jan 05, 2013

That was probably the fastest fsj sale ever.
                1978 wagoneer, jasper 360 performer intake holley 600,700r4, twinstick dana 300, dana 44s with 4.10s and Yukon zip locker, York oba, 4" rusty's spring lift, 33x10.50 km2, ramsey ford front bumper with worm drive ramsey winch, 4" pipe air tank rear bumper with spare tire swing out.

Comment

• gas4blood
                  327 Rambler
                  • Sep 29, 2009

Originally posted by draglink
                  Wow, that didnt take long Hope I see it around, where are they from?

Hey didnt you buy an old Ford truck when you sold her last time? I think I remember.... perfect patina....62-65 short bed, maybe step side....and I think Torque Thurst wheels
                  They live in Norfolk. He is in the Navy and they already own a JK. They are going to use it as a family camping rig. His wife loved it too.

He said his dad drives an 80's white Grand Wagoneer and his brother has a JK on 35's.

I did buy a '65 short bed last time. That was a cool truck. I threw some torque thrusts on it. I also put a roller cam 302 and AOD in it.
                  Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........

Comment

• gas4blood
                    327 Rambler
                    • Sep 29, 2009

Originally posted by joe
                    No worry about hate mail here. Googly moogly happens. My brain is a bit molded and spider web infested to even remember all the bikes/cars I vowed to never sell but out of the blind side comes a slap in the face get a grip economic doo doo happens. Ya move on reboot Plan A and hope for the best..
                    If you're not dealing with possibly living in a refrigerator box or dumpster diving and you're just bored... fun hobby toys are never a good plan economically. Ya need to decide what various fun ideas cause the least splash back from the toilet bowl while you're pee'ing your money away. Bailing out from one project to jump deeper into an unknown project is right up there with in a fight do not lean with your face. Boredom/loss of interest has it's price. But it's "your" call,do what works for you...screw popular belief.
                    Enjoy.
                    I appreciate your advice but this isn't my first rodeo with projects. I actually made money selling the Wagoneer. In all of the years that I have been buying/selling cars, I have only lost money one time, and that is when I sold my '65 to buy the Waggy back. I was impatient and dumped it fast. I had a guy call the next day and make a full price cash offer. Its all about doing it right and spending money in the right places.

No, we did not sell the Wagoneer because we needed the money. The money is actually going to sit in a separate bank account until I decide what I want to do with it. It may end up staying in there until we move back home and I can start on the wife's 57 Ranch Wagon.

Ive never been one to follow popular belief. That is why I owned a Wagoneer! haha.

Comment

• gas4blood
                      327 Rambler
                      • Sep 29, 2009

Glad to here it went to some jeep people.
                      Best to yah - keep in touch on site

Will do man! Thanks.

And the story of it....like "Lassie comes home" From personal experience, the romance of the second time around is not as good as the first time. I'm sure you'll get a new project to get your enthusiasm back.

Its so true. I really felt like it would be the same. It just wasnt. I am sure something will come along to fill the void.

Just remember you could always build one stronger faster you have the technology and this great group to always be there.

Exactly. There are definetly things I would do different the next time around. I will keep in touch on here. Thanks.

That was probably the fastest fsj sale ever.

22 hours from posting to selling! He actually called me about 10 minutes after the ad went on line! haha.

Comment

Lassie was a boy dog named Pal!
                        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• gas4blood
                          327 Rambler
                          • Sep 29, 2009

Originally posted by Carnuck
                          Lassie was a boy dog named Pal!
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassie

I am so confused as to where this Lassie thing is going

Comment

Working...
                          X