• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockcandy
    304 AMC
    • Aug 20, 2003

Cost of FSJ's these days!

First off, Long time no see! Second, I have been looking around at FSJ's lately and what the heck??!! I know I've been away for a while, but prices have gone way up! At least here in Oklahoma. I don't get it. I've been looking around on craigslist and stuff and everyone just seems to want a lot. However, the classifieds here seem to be the same. That works

I would love to find another 2 door Cherokee but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a pile of junk. I won't cut this one up

How's the old timers doing in here? Any cool projects I should check out?
    Last edited by rockcandy; 08-22-2013, 07:06 AM.
    1979 waggy, one ton WT conversion going on...

1979 golden eagle buggy...living on through donations across the country
  • Mike D
    350 Buick
    • Jul 29, 2002

yea ... prices are all over the place ....

66Stepside posted a pair over in montanna of two for 600$ ... one had a 401 that ran ... if had had not spen my 1K on the 72 iv got now i would of went on retrived that pair -- used a boat gass tank in the passengers seat and used hte drivable one to pull the second !!!!

My Wag that i just bought was a bit over priced -- but in the range that i had to spend. It runs, drives but needs work every where ....
    64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
    50 truck
    63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
    And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• QBALL
      232 I6
      • Dec 14, 2010

Just bought mine in SE PA , 1979 wagoneer , 360 , std w/d44's fr/rr ,aluminum rims ,32's , with xtra steel wheels/tires for $1500.00 .

Comment

• Chumley360
        350 Buick
        • Sep 06, 2007

The price late model Grand Wags have gone stupid around here. There's been a "restored" one on craigslist for a long while at around $10k. I feel like sending him an e-mail letting him know that the red side marker lenses go on the rear.
        1968 M715-Driveway queen/in progress

Comment

• Dens71TA
          232 I6
          • Oct 08, 2012

I'd say they are still relatively cheap. It seems like all the FSJs on Craigslist priced over $2500 are continuously for sale for months, some even years at a time.

I bought my '86 J10 with 63K original miles and a Meyer plow for $1,000. I've probably put a few grand into it and in the end, its still a $1,000 truck if I decided to sell it.
          1986 Jeep J10

1971 Pontiac Trans Am
          1982 Pontiac Recaro T/A

Comment

• brielly
            350 Buick
            • Dec 30, 2002

Cherokees are still pretty cheap but mid to late 80's and up Grand waggys are pretty pricey in the Northeast. You can get them cheaper but you'll have lots of rust to take care of.
            For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

• Mikel
              • Aug 09, 2000

Clean GWs are becoming luxury vehicles again.
              1969 M715 6x6
              1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• cma
                350 Buick
                • Jan 26, 2012

yess, thats true

Originally posted by Mikel
                Clean GWs are becoming luxury vehicles again.
                Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• twisted frame
                  350 Buick
                  • Apr 01, 2003

Hey rockcandy,

I don't think we ever corresponded via PM and I know I probably didn't have much to add to some of your threads from way back but I do remember your back-halved, originally beige 2 door. That was what I'd call one of the early radical rigs on here.

I have some funny memory of a thread someone started called "rockcandy has a fan club" which featured a t-shirt with "rockcandy" on it...being worn by a woman...I'll leave it at that!

Off the top of my head, these build threads are some of my current faves:

66Stepside's panel: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...135927&page=12

Resbum's 70 Gladiator with 6bt: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...hp?f=36&t=1651

rileydcasey's trail J truck: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=108520&page=4
                  Mike
                  1973 J4000, 360 2bbl, T18, Model 20,
                  44, 60-2, 32x11.5x15" on 15x8" CJ wagon wheels.
                  Now in black primer.

Comment

• rockcandy
                    304 AMC
                    • Aug 20, 2003

fan club???!!!! Where is this you speak of?

Now days I'm into going fast, but I would love to have one of these things for a family camping/tow rig. I still have a soft spot for them. I am in the middle of building someone's jeep though. It's fun to go back to my roots!

Comment

• twisted frame
                      350 Buick
                      • Apr 01, 2003

Originally posted by rockcandy
                      fan club???!!!! Where is this you speak of?
                      I found the thread!:

The link to the shirt is dead but you get the idea from the string of posts. blt2krl...there's an old name - his rig gave pignoses a good name!
                      Mike
                      1973 J4000, 360 2bbl, T18, Model 20,
                      44, 60-2, 32x11.5x15" on 15x8" CJ wagon wheels.
                      Now in black primer.

Comment

• rockcandy
                        304 AMC
                        • Aug 20, 2003

Well, I'm picking up an 83 wt Cherokee. Looks to be in decent shape from the pics. It's a couple hours from my house so we will see next weekend. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Comment

• sportsidedan
                          350 Buick
                          • Jun 29, 2007

It's the beauty of these cars. They don't have an exact value and a thing of beauty will always remain at top prices.
                          Daniel van Doveren
                          JeepHeritage LLC
                          +1(832)475-1822
                          [email protected]

Follow us on Instagram

Like is on Facebook

Check us out on Youtube

www.jeepheritage.com

Comment

Working...
                          X