Anyone had experience with these door seals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gas4blood
    327 Rambler
    • Sep 29, 2009

Anyone had experience with these door seals??

Looking to buy these to replace the ones on my '79. Has anyone tried them? They are always on EBAY for sale.

Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........
  • billyrb
    BJ's Off-Road
    • Aug 15, 2001

Those are XJ seals. We have the ones to fit your truck here for $29.75ea with IFSJA discount:

BJ's Off-Road
    [email protected]
    Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• gas4blood
      327 Rambler
      • Sep 29, 2009

Wow, I didnt even look at the fact that they fit the Comanche too! Should have been a dead give away. Thanks man! Stupid XJ Wagoneers always get in the way of my searches.

Comment

• Crist Clapper
        I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
        • Apr 28, 2008

Originally posted by gas4blood
        Wow, I didnt even look at the fact that they fit the Comanche too! Should have been a dead give away. Thanks man! Stupid XJ Wagoneers always get in the way of my searches.
        Stupid XJ's... Excuse me!

1990 Grand Wagoneer:
        Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
        Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• gas4blood
          327 Rambler
          • Sep 29, 2009

Haha I knew you would pipe up.

Comment

• AdamJay1979
            230 Tornado
            • Jun 15, 2010

just my experience

Originally posted by billyrb
            Those are XJ seals. We have the ones to fit your truck here for $29.75ea with IFSJA discount:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-571.htm
            I actually bought these and my doors wont close will obviously still buy all kinds of stuff from BJs but not pumped about these... actually ripped my arm rest off trying to slam the door from the inside.. aaarrgggghhhhh
            Adam Jay
            1979 Cherokee Chief I6 4.2L 258

Comment

• jeepfan93
              304 AMC
              • Feb 07, 2006

That's funny I bought them to. Mine close just fine. You may have to make a small adjustment to the door striker or even the hinge side. I believe that these and TGW's are about the same and probably thicker than the original ones.
              Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
              >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
              87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
              1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• jeepfan93
                304 AMC
                • Feb 07, 2006

That's funny I bought them to. Mine close just fine. You may have to make a small adjustment to the door striker or even the hinge side. I believe that these and TGW's are about the same and probably thicker than the original ones.
                Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
                >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
                87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
                1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• jamesdart
                  258 I6
                  • Jan 05, 2013

po replaced the driver side front on mine with some universal looking seal, it doesnt have the miters in the corners, no idea where it came from. that door doesnt want to close. you cant really adjust the door to make up for it, the door wont line up. you can see its too thick, it actually pushes the front edge of the door out past the fender when you try to close it. im hesitant to buy a set of these.
                  1978 wagoneer, jasper 360 performer intake holley 600,700r4, twinstick dana 300, dana 44s with 4.10s and Yukon zip locker, York oba, 4" rusty's spring lift, 33x10.50 km2, ramsey ford front bumper with worm drive ramsey winch, 4" pipe air tank rear bumper with spare tire swing out.

Comment

I put used XJ ones on my '73 J4000. Took a bit of force to close them, but after sitting in the sun for a couple days, it eased up.
                    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• CJ5
                      350 Buick
                      • May 07, 2002

My new ones are very tight too. I have not tried closing from the inside yet but I imagine it is going to be an issue. I have not completely finished installing so maybe they will be better then.
                      Chief Laredo Build Album:http://www.fototime.com/inv/BB4AF31A10748CC
                      '72CJ - Complete Restore
                      '81SJ - Loredo Resto Project
                      '91YJ - Rock Crawler

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• budojeepr
                        350 Buick
                        • Feb 02, 2006

Do a Google search on this site for pre-74 door weatherstrip. There's a link somewhere for eBay seals from a vendor named R and P Carriages. It's thinner than the BJs stuff and allows you to close the doors fully without slamming.

You'll need somewhere around 40' of it. Costs $1.25 per foot. Free shipping. Solves the problem - I put mine on two days ago and love it.

I'm writing from my phone right now, buy when I get to a computer I can look up the actual Trim-Lok part number for you.
                        Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

• gas4blood
                          327 Rambler
                          • Sep 29, 2009

Originally posted by budojeepr
                          Do a Google search on this site for pre-74 door weatherstrip. There's a link somewhere for eBay seals from a vendor named R and P Carriages. It's thinner than the BJs stuff and allows you to close the doors fully without slamming.

You'll need somewhere around 40' of it. Costs $1.25 per foot. Free shipping. Solves the problem - I put mine on two days ago and love it.

I'm writing from my phone right now, buy when I get to a computer I can look up the actual Trim-Lok part number for you.
                          Please do! I am interested to know what part number is. Thanks.

Comment

• jamesdart
                            258 I6
                            • Jan 05, 2013

that sounds good
                            1978 wagoneer, jasper 360 performer intake holley 600,700r4, twinstick dana 300, dana 44s with 4.10s and Yukon zip locker, York oba, 4" rusty's spring lift, 33x10.50 km2, ramsey ford front bumper with worm drive ramsey winch, 4" pipe air tank rear bumper with spare tire swing out.

Comment

• ScottsMojo
                              258 I6
                              • Jun 28, 2011

Funny thing...

I have R & P Carriage in my saved sellers on EBay as I thought thats who I would buy new seals from when I get to that point. Here is the link to their store.

We are a small Family company, but growing! We have been in business since 2001, and currently stock over 300 trailers of all types, a full service department with over $1,000,000 parts inventory. We pride ourselves on friendly customer service, so contact us if you need help!

I think this is the seal you are looking for...

Last edited by ScottsMojo; 01-27-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X