78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rws31
    258 I6
    • Dec 10, 2016

Nice and shiny. You guys with your shiny paint make me jelous. Is it an optical illusion or is your air cleaner gonna stick out the hood.
    89 GW, 454, 700R4, 241C, 411's with posi's, 9" rearend, 2500 stall, lifted, and lots more to do.
    1988 Ramcharger
    1999 International 4700 Crew Cab 4X4, custom step side bed
    2003 Durango 4x4
    1982 CJ7 4 banger
    2008 MB E320 Bluetec

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

I have an inch and a half spacer on the engine. It is going to be very close, we will see once I get the hood on.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
        360 AMC
        • Oct 02, 2002

Moving right along. Looking great. I bet you are getting excited to start seeing it what it looks like done!!
        Melford1972 says...
        I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
        -----------------------
        I make wag parts
        1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
        1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1968 M715 restomod
        2001 Dodge 3500
        2002 Toyota Tundra
        2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
        Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

Got my full gasket set from BJ's Off Road. Also ordered a set of door hinge pins and bushings. Installed the new bushings and put them in primer with a bunch of other small parts.
          1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
          Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

Was able to get the Hood bar and braces, front door hinges, small tailgate covers and fender braces all painted tonight. Finished up at about eight tonight.
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• rws31
                258 I6
                • Dec 10, 2016

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                I have an inch and a half spacer on the engine. It is going to be very close, we will see once I get the hood on.

The PO had a 1in spacer, I think it was a 1in, on our 89 and there is a half circle imprint where the front of the air cleaner rubbed the hood. I was also wanted to put a 4 hole 1in spacer under my carb so I put a 1in piece of wood on top of the front of the air cleaner and gently closed the hood. There is about 1/8in clearence with it. FYI.
                89 GW, 454, 700R4, 241C, 411's with posi's, 9" rearend, 2500 stall, lifted, and lots more to do.
                1988 Ramcharger
                1999 International 4700 Crew Cab 4X4, custom step side bed
                2003 Durango 4x4
                1982 CJ7 4 banger
                2008 MB E320 Bluetec

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

Fenders are lined up with the cowl, took a little pushing to get them where I wanted them.
                  1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

The front of the Wagon is done. Bumper is on, hood is adjusted as best I can get it. Cowl panel is in, but I can't find my washer nozzles. Hood bar is on, I'am happy with the way it looks. The paint is not perfect,but I'am happy with it.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

I put the front on to get some of this stuff out of the way and also because I wanted to see how it looked.
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

A small victory in the battle with this beast!
                          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• chubbinius
                            258 I6
                            • Oct 31, 2018

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                            I put the front on to get some of this stuff out of the way and also because I wanted to see how it looked.
                            Awesome, that's how it looks! I think that paint color looks great on it, nice work!
                            1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
                            -Dauntless 350 V8
                            -D27 front/D44 rear
                            2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• offthebeatenpath
                              232 I6
                              • May 31, 2019

Originally posted by chubbinius
                              Awesome, that's how it looks! I think that paint color looks great on it, nice work!
                              I agree! What color is it?
                              I was looking at a Steel Glow Gray Metallic from one of the old Jeep paint chip cards, and your truck looks pretty close...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                                Administrator
                                • Oct 31, 2016

Man that looks great! I think the early Razors are super nice. Looks really good with your bumpers and that color. Well done! Are you super stoked on it?
                                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                                (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                                (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                                79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                                11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                                09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                                X