View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 11:10 AM
304 AMC

Hey Dave, no worries. Thanks for your concern. In this thread I'am showing the way I have decided to tackle rebuilding my Wagon. Please don't take anything in this thread as the right way to build a Wagon. With that said, I dug around on the web a little and this is what I came up with in five minutes of searching.

(Some safety experts advise having seat belts inspected and possibly replaced after 10 to 15 years of use.)
According to this one statement, a car as new as 2005 could have seat belts that won't function as designed.

(Seat belts, like car seats and air bags, are considered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to be single-use items. Seat belts are designed to work just once -- protecting and immobilizing a passenger in the event of a crash.)

When is the last time you had an insurance company adjuster recommend replacing a seat belt after a crash, for me, NEVER.

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Last edited by Full Size Jeeper : 01-25-2020 at 11:30 AM.