• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigun
    • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by incommando
    Looking good.

For less than $500 you can have 4 37" tires on humvee beadlocks from that 406YJ guy on pirate. He was great to deal with.
    I wish I had an extra 500!!
    charlie
    KB0HXA
    "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
    congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
    How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    The birth of CROM is recorded here
    http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• grand_wag_85
      Murphy's Law Poster Child
      • Dec 03, 2003

Looks good Ryan! If I can do brake lines you can do brake lines.
      You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
      '88 GW
      '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• red mistress
        304 AMC
        • Sep 13, 2007

LWB Thriftside

yes sir re.... taking shape.

Don't put the big tires on until last, seems like once someone puts final tires & wheels on they think it's finished....and progress stops.
        67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
        69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
        80 Honcho Sportside
        82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
        82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
        83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
        84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
        84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
        87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

Comment

• Gambler68
          Rabble Rouser
          • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by bigun
          Hmm I don't have access to a heavy duty 44 but I do know where there is one with 4.10 gears in it with a passenger side drop. Then all you would need is the outers to make it an 8 lug.
          Yeah big tires will be the last step well after everything else is taken care of. 33's are fine for what I want to do with it for now.

I have a 8lug HD44, pass side drop, and a matching geared D60 here that keep giving me sad looks and saying "uuussseee meeee" but for now they are just taking up space. I bit much for the pair ($400) and the D60 came with completely empty drums (surprise!) so a few more hundred in a disc brake conversion would be optimal.

I just wanna get it going with the 1/2 ton running gear because I need to have a dang truck! I'm missing out on all the great junk I could be hauling home!
          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• bigun
            • Feb 10, 2003

Okay Doaky The one back home is a 6 lug from under Crom when he was a Cherokee
            charlie
            KB0HXA
            "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
            congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
            How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
            Robert A. Heinlein
            The birth of CROM is recorded here
            http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Gambler68
              Rabble Rouser
              • Feb 29, 2004

Bow before your overlord!

Just slappin some of the bed parts on to see how it looks/lines up. I realllllly need a replacement for that one bashed up fender, I don't even want to waste the sanding discs/paint on it, but oh well.

Check out the locking gas cap I bought it for $15 for my volvo, but the moron on ebay had the wrong year listed so it didnt fit the flying brick. Luckily it fit the Glad filler cap perfectly.

My pillars on the bed are rusted bad. Gana cut em out and replace with square tube so I can put some stake side panels on it for dump runs. Bed will be lined with 3/4" plywood with metal L's, bolted through the panels and to the body mounts, and I have a (gasp) 8' JEEP rubber mat to trim to fit for the floor of the bed. I'd sell it, but it weighs a ton, is huge rolled up, and has a small section cut out for a bed mount hitch. So the glad gets it!

Turn the volume down on the video unless you enjoy the best Led Zepplin song ever recorded
              The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• 68_Gladiator
                350 Buick
                • Oct 01, 2007

2" on the body lift? and how many inches over stock is that suspension? hows the 327 lookin?
                Last edited by 68_Gladiator; 03-21-2009, 03:34 PM.
                "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• Gambler68
                  Rabble Rouser
                  • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by 68_Glaiator
                  2" on the body lift? and how many inches over stock is that suspension? hows the 327 lookin?
                  Yep, 2" lift with about 1/4" more from the rubber pads (barely).

suspension..wellll...i added some thick cj aals to the front, hard to tell until I get matching tires on it (rears are 33s, fronts are 30s I think. Rears I got from a member, amazingly I think they are stock, just not FLAT.

327 is looking might fine, it's basically startable if I had gas to it. Itching for that.

Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• 68_Gladiator
                    350 Buick
                    • Oct 01, 2007

im jealous. ive got 2 327's and a one bare block sittin in the driveway. cant wait to get one put in and fire it up. taking the A/C compressor off one and puttin it on the other to use as OBA. and the new 6 blade flex fan will go on as well. just wish i could get my hands on a 4 barrel intake
                    "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• Gambler68
                      Rabble Rouser
                      • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by 68_Glaiator
                      im jealous. ive got 2 327's and a one bare block sittin in the driveway. cant wait to get one put in and fire it up. taking the A/C compressor off one and puttin it on the other to use as OBA. and the new 6 blade flex fan will go on as well. just wish i could get my hands on a 4 barrel intake
                      just watch Ebay, they come around. Seen em go for 75-300 bux.
                      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• 68_Gladiator
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 01, 2007

if you see one shoot me an PM as soon as you can, lol
                        "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• TexTJ209
                          360 AMC
                          • Oct 06, 2005

Lookin' good.

Do you happen to know if the stake pockets on the Willys era beds are the same as the Thriftside beds? As they sell replacement sheet metal for those...

'10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
                          '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
                          '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
                          Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

• janie
                            • Aug 11, 2001

That's a fine looking rig as it sets right now Ryan. Look forward to seeing the progress on this.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• Gambler68
                              Rabble Rouser
                              • Feb 29, 2004

thats the lurking beast as it sits. it's close..swapped in eaton power steering pump, vac brakes, 4 barrel carb and intake (thanks to Ristow for the carb!), new timing chain and all new seals, NOS Champion HY plugs (dig the little sticker on the heater core, these things are older than me and were still in the wrapper)...thing better run like a raped ape! It's hard to keep a list in my head, but many parts on this truck have come from members..that basically new Motorola alternator I got from Tad about 4 or 6 years ago, front valance and neat lil oil cap from Flint, M715 grill from Baybilly, carb from Ristow, cab and bed from Flatbackdragon's adopted son in law or something, tires from Brutus..couldn't have done it without the board support!

yeah I think those stake pockets are the same. $250 bux for four..ouch. Think some square tube will work better and last a bit longer too with real world use.
                              Last edited by Gambler68; 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM.
                              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

here's the rubber body mount pads new 2 bux each not bad really.
                                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X