• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZackN920
    350 Buick
    • Nov 18, 2015

How to post pic's from Flickr

I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party sites (used to work the same from photobucket, back when I used them) as well.

Lets get started.

First off, get your pic on the host site. I'm not telling ya how to do this. You should be able to figure it out. Figure out the settings on the host sight as well.

Here I'm just logged in. To get to my personal page I need to click the "YOU" icon where the little hand is pointing at the top left.

Now I'm at my main page. From here I can check out and/or click on any photo going back to when I first joined. I can also click any of those options at the top of the screen to direct me somewhere faster than going through the list of 400+ photo's. I'll click the Albums.

When I was in my albums page, I clicked the 1990 Grand Wagoneer album. That lead me to here. I've made it to the last page of the album and I'm looking at the latest photo's uploaded.

I have clicked a photo. Real crappy picture here folks!

Here's where the magic starts. Look to the bottom right of the picture, and we have some icons to click. If you hove the mouse over them, it will show the functions. You'll want the arrow (which is share)

If you clicked the "share photo" it will bring up this box. Look at the top right of the box. You want to make sure it is set to BBCode to be able to post to a web forum.

Now choose the size. The size options may be different to what I have available. It depends on the original file size when you uploaded the photo to Flickr. I typically choose 1024X769. That's what's being used here on this page for the tutorial. You can use what ever size you like, but people usually aren't too thrilled if you make your pictures bigger than the natural IFSJA webpage's width. I usually wont go over the next size up from what I'm using right now.

Now you right click the link and the little menu will come up. Select copy to copy the link.

Now lets go back to IFSJA. Were making a post here. Just right click in your post that's being composed, and click past.

Now you have this big ass link. You can leave that link as is, but I like to trim it down. Picture will show up perfectly fine either way you decide to go.

Trimming the link.
    I will trim everything before the [img] and everything after the [/img]. Trimming the last part will take your name and Flickr website page link off of the pic. Trimming the first part will make the picture un-linkable to the individual photo page on Flickr, making it un-clickable. It's not necessary, just something I do.

There, now it's all cleaned up and I'm ready to post.

SUCCESS

See, it's not all that hard at all! Now that your at this point you can play and experiment some with it. Sometimes spacing in a post needs work so pics aren't right on top of each other or what-ever. Now that your at this point, post some Photo's of your cool old Jeeps!

Damn, I really need to clean my computer screen
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
    ...in pieces for more rust repair...
  • Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Cherokee Outlaw
    • Jan 10, 2006

Awesome! Thanks
    Just created a Flikr account to try for myself. Doesn't look like I can do this from their mobile app unfortunately. Any ideas? I'm rarely at my computer.
    -Jonny B.
    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• ZackN920
      350 Buick
      • Nov 18, 2015

How'd you post pics before man? I thought I've seen you post some before???

Umm, posting from mobile... I haven't tried that before. I actually don't even have a phone (or other mobile device) that can take pictures. (im in the freaken stone ages) To be honest, I've never thought of how. Doesn't it have some upload icon, that when clicked asks what files you would like to upload?

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
        Cherokee Outlaw
        • Jan 10, 2006

I used to use PhotoBucket. Any pictures you have seen from me since their demise have been copied threads I've made over on FSJ Network via Tapatalk. I'll have to do some more playing around. All I can get from Flikr's mobile app is a link, but even when plugged-in to the IMG button here it doesn't post a picture. Thanks again for the help
        -Jonny B.
        AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI

1979 Wagoneer - Sold

Comment

• ZackN920
          350 Buick
          • Nov 18, 2015

Oh, that sucks. Hope the mobile version can be figured out then for you guy's. Yea, I only do stuff from the computer online.

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
            Cherokee Outlaw
            • Jan 10, 2006

Just for S&G...can anyone else see this?
            -Jonny B.
            AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI

1979 Wagoneer - Sold

Comment

• ZackN920
              350 Buick
              • Nov 18, 2015

Aww yea buddy. I can see it, and click it. Leads to photobucket. I thought they didn't work anymore?

Also surprised to see the IL plate unless that's an OLD pic, as I thought you were currently in CA. I know you've said your from Chicago area but not now right?

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                Cherokee Outlaw
                • Jan 10, 2006

Originally posted by ZackN920
                Aww yea buddy. I can see it, and click it. Leads to photobucket. I thought they didn't work anymore?

Also surprised to see the IL plate unless that's an OLD pic, as I thought you were currently in CA. I know you've said your from Chicago area but not now right?
                I thought PB was broken, too! A few months ago, none of my pics worked. Looking back at my old build thread, some of the pics work again, some don't

And, I'm still an Illinois resident! I'm active duty military so I move around a lot. The Jeep has been with me to FL, VA, CA, WA, and back here to CA so I keep my junk registered in my home town. It's cheaper that way (especially now that I have antique plates), and I don't have to comply with VA's safety inspections or CA's smog inspections
                -Jonny B.
                AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI

1979 Wagoneer - Sold

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                  360 AMC
                  • Oct 02, 2002

Thanks for posting that ZackN920.
                  Melford1972 says...
                  I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                  -----------------------
                  I make wag parts
                  1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                  1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                  1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                  1968 M715 restomod
                  2001 Dodge 3500
                  2002 Toyota Tundra
                  2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
                  Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• ZackN920
                    350 Buick
                    • Nov 18, 2015

Oh yea! Took a bit to conjure it up but as long as it helps others get pics posted then, GREAT!

Comment

• Dave
                      230 Tornado
                      • Aug 24, 2014

test picture

Trying out a test picture. 2nd try using flickr.

Thanks for the tutorial on how to use flickr!!

[URL="[url=https://flic.kr/p/SYckJQ]
                      Last edited by Dave; 03-09-2019, 10:16 AM. Reason: picture attachment

Comment

• ZackN920
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 18, 2015

Your welcome! Glad it helps.

If I ever think about it sometime when I'm here(& got the time), I'm going to update this thread. Change all the images to actual screenshots instead of the fancy pics of my computer screen. Also make sure that the process is still correct for doing this from your computer.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jul 18, 2003

I can not believe some people still use photobucket after the crap they pulled. I deleted and ditched they a long time ago.
                          I also can not stand their stupid watermark they put on all their pictures now.
                          "proudly hosted" HA! I am proud I do not host with them anymore!

So far flickr has been great. It is a little annoying to trim the URL like posted above, but at least they have yet to hold my pictures hostage.
                          79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                          Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                          93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• 67GMC
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 13, 2016

Just asking-Why is this forum so limited for picture size? Jeepforum, Cherokee Forum, FSJN allow regular size images.
                            My Stable:
                            1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 5.9L, 4x4, Auto (newest project)

1997 Volkswagen Cabrio, 2.0L, Manual
                            2005 Kia Sportage, 2.7L, Auto
                            2006 Toyota Sienna, 3.3L, Auto
                            2018 Toyota RAV4, 2.5L, Auto

Recent projects (no longer with us)
                            1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 4.0L, 4X4, Auto
                            1967 GMC 910, 283V8, 4SPD (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by 67GMC
                              Just asking-Why is this forum so limited for picture size? Jeepforum, Cherokee Forum, FSJN allow regular size images.
                              Because the owner doesn't want to front the cost for storage, and I don't blame him. The forum is free, that's one of the stipulations.
                              1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

Working...
                              X