• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Lovinggood
    232 I6
    • Apr 07, 2001

Camp Jeep

Is anyone planning on going to Camp Jeep in Branson, Mo. the end of July?
  • shadowfax101
    350 Buick
    • Nov 13, 2001

I looked into it. I know it is a long drive from Alabama but I was stationed in Mo while in the army so the trip could act as two functions. I tried to register on the jeep site, but they did not have the older FSJ's listed. It said we needed special approval to bring the SJ's. It might have changed by now. That was several months ago I looked at it.
    85 Grand Wagoneer
    1.5\" AAL\'s
    MSD/TFI Ignition

89 Grand Wag

Comment

• Retro93
      Junk Collector
      • Nov 02, 2001

Special approval to bring an SJ? Last time I looked my Cherokee had JEEP stamped all over it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• shadowfax101
        350 Buick
        • Nov 13, 2001

Ok, my mistake it was Jeep Jamboree that has that. They were both similar and I got them mixed up...
        85 Grand Wagoneer
        1.5\" AAL\'s
        MSD/TFI Ignition

89 Grand Wag

Comment

• Don S
          • Feb 06, 2002

Jeep Jamboree USA entery forms has been funny about FSJs but took my BUCKS in '97, '98, & '99 for Palo Duro, YO Ranch, & Ouray..My '76 was the only Wagoneer at these Jams but there was a '84 360 "rail" (no body) and a J-10 at Palo Duro...Also went to Canyon DeChelly in 2000 in a WJ...NO FSJs at all I quit going because they charge the price of an FSJ for a couple to regester ......ds..
          Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
          It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
          ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

• BIG BAD JON
            4-Wheel Drive Junky
            • Jan 20, 2002

Thats discrimination! They prolly allow Liberties, which I dont think really lives up to the Jeep name, to go for the same price as a XJ or any smaller Jeep.
            FSJ-Less...

Comment

• jeep cj
              232 I6
              • Apr 06, 2002

I'm planning on being at Camp Jeep. I've already registered but I'm taking my 81 CJ. I have considered finding out about taking a Grand Waggie, also. My brother wants to drive it. Has anyone heard whether they will let you register them. To me a Jeeps a Jeep no matter what!! If anyone else is going let me know. I'd Like to meet some people while I"m there. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
              86 Grand Wagoneer-192,000 & still going!!<br />88 Grand Wagoneer-my trail rig!!<br />81 CJ5-runs when it wants to!!<br />78 CJ7-keeps AutoZone in business!!<br />01 Wrangler <br />87 Grand Wagoneer-Newest Wag

Comment

• Stuka
                • Jan 21, 2001

Never been to camp jeep, But I know for the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon trail here they requires lots of things to pass.

All Vehicles must be Street Legal & Registered
                All vehicles must have roll bars and skid plates. Acceptable vehicles for Jeepers & Jeep® Jamboree are Jeeps®, Toyota Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, older Broncos, Toyota pick up trucks and other 4x4 vehicles. Vehicles should be in good mechanical condition, with good off road tires and brakes. A full tank of gas should take you through to the lake. We suggest that you bring a 5-gallon can of gas per vehicle. We also suggest you have angle iron on your rocker panels for protection and skid plates. Suggestion: Remove hubcaps, Jeep® steps and rear bumpers.

No Full Size Bronco's, pickups, station wagons, Blazers, motor bikes, trailers, dune buggies and Ram Chargers.

I do know of a Jeep Wagoneer that has gone on this trip. My uncle has brought his 76 CJ5 with 15k in goodies on it, but they almost didnt let him on because he didnt have front tow hooks, he managed to get them to consider his winch a tow hook.

Next year my jeep should be ready to go on this, just need a few more things [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• porkchop
                  Master of B.S.
                  • Apr 17, 2000

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stuka:
                  ......station wagons........

<hr></blockquote>

Wagoneers are considered station wagons. You might want to look into this before you get all the way there.

Comment

• Oracle
                    327 Rambler
                    • Apr 07, 2002

Hmm, going to have to look at this. Up until last year I worked in Branson [img]smile.gif[/img] live just south of there. What is it they are planning on doing?
                    83GW, \"MudPUPPY\" <br />86\"BloodSucker\"-86GW,D44-AMC20 <br />88GW \"TheBLack\" Restored Luxo <br />88GW \"BABE\" A Wagonmaster beauty. <br />86 \"Mean Machine\" . blueprinted .03 over 401, 27gal tank, 4\" rearc\'d, 33x12.50 Laredos (REAT TIRE), Wheelwells whacked,4barrel Rochester, Manual choke, Hood Scoop, front brush bar, o2sensor with digital readout for tuning mix <br />2 90 Gen1 Mitsu Monteros, <br />2 91 Gen1 Mitsu Monty\'s<br />2 93 RangeRover County Lwb <br />1 95 SR Mitsubishi Montero GenII. <br />My Moab Rig: \"DodgeZilla\"<br />90 Cummins W350 Dodge PowerWagon,lifted,geared,locked and cocked 12k Ramsey,5spd and 205, 4.10\'s, Detroits front and rear,36\'s or 38\'s depending on mood Popup camper

Comment

• Stuka
                      • Jan 21, 2001

Prokchop: ya I know they are station wagons by classification. Somebody here on the forum has gone through it if I remember right. I also know of a guy that brought a Toyota FJ55 (wagon version of the FJ45) he has springs overs front and rear and 33's.

But I do need to call them and find out. It a ways off tho, I still need my bumpers, role cage, annd some other do-dads.

Comment

• ChuckWag
                        327 Rambler
                        • Apr 24, 2002

Guys:

Blake and I went to Camp Jeep last year in Virginia for our rig's maiden voyage. They had no problems taking our registration, and our rig got bunches of wishful stares and positive comments. We stayed pretty mild on the trail selection, but almost had to pull a few stock wranglers out of the mud! It's a fun trip if you don't want to trash your rig just yet, but by the end of day two we were pretty much done with the daimler exhibits. Fun for the teenagers though!

CR
                        ChuckWag: 1988 GW with
                        3" Rough Country Lift
                        NP208
                        The rest is pretty much Stock!

Comment

Working...
                        X