• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wagoneerlover
    350 Buick
    • Jan 18, 2004

Rewiring Truck

I am in the middle of re-wiring the rig everyone. I would have purchased the ZM harness with fuse box however, i wanted to clean up some of the mistakes I felt that AMC made (Running wires outside of the truck and running them back in again, like for the rear wipers, lights and windows etc.). I also wanted to add some additional circuits. (If I had purchased the stock harness I would have simply had a new harness and i would have had to still clean up the headache areas.) Secondly in the near future I will be upgrading to fuel injection and wanted to get rid of the uneccessary circuits (Emissions 3 amp etc) and get preppared for the future.So I purchased the painless wiring 18 circuit gm column kit and I started rewiring the rig. I used to own an 84 and I constantly had problems wtih the towing wiring and the rear lighting due to the wiring getting damaged due to road/ weather and other things. Anyway here are some pics to go along with it. (And yes I ordered all new connectors to go into the bulkhead and I also ordered the other connectors so that I can make clean fresh connections as oopposed to splicing etc.

A pic of the Bulkhead connector with all wires removed. I will be installing fresh new connectors with the proper wires running through it from the fuse block. (That way I can rewire some of the wires under the carpet and to the rear of the truck instead of through the bulkhead connector and under the vehicle and back into the vehicle then into the liftgate or to the rear tail lights.)

The two harness fuse blocks side by side. (As you can see I gain several circuits)

These are pleminary picks and I will get more up as soon as I set the fuse block in the truck and begin to route some of the wires again.
    Last edited by Wagoneerlover; 08-05-2006, 06:24 PM. Reason: changed title
    88 Grand wagoneer AMC 360 all stock
    89 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360 (Deceased)

Upgrades

1. Electric Radiator Fan 10/15/11
    2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

All completed long ago (cannot remember when)
    1. TBI
    2. New fuel tank
    3. AW-4 Transmission
    4. Aluminum condensor
    5. Custom Gauge Panel
  • JPSwapMohn
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2004

no pics on this post...
    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
    50 CJ3A
    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• bigun
      • Feb 10, 2003

One of the things that is going to be done to CROM this winter is Craig wants to redo the wiring harness in the engine compartment.
      charlie
      KB0HXA
      "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
      congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
      How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
      Robert A. Heinlein
      The birth of CROM is recorded here
      http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• wickedwagon767
        304 AMC
        • Dec 26, 2005

awesome, I am going to need some pointers when I get to this phase of my buildup. I am going to completely rewire my '78 and upgrade from glass to blade fuses in the process.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Re-routing the wiring inside the vehicle is a great idea.

Comment

• Torque
          327 Rambler
          • Jul 14, 2002

When I did mine I relocated the fuse box to the passanger side.Also ran all the wires in the engine bay around with nothing crossing behind the engine block
          Evelynn is an '83 Cherokee Chief W/T with a 360(mildtweek),727,NP229,33x12.5,3.73:1,TFI, MSD6,Painless wiring,CRX seats but the list is growing.

The cynic is one that belives the pessimist is overly optomistic

Comment

Working...
          X